TT-budget S2-3200 (1 Viewer)

Moorhuhn

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmm, thats strange. How do you know, that mpeg2 and h.264 is decoded by different cyberlink-codecs?
I know from another user that he uses Cyberlink PowerDVD deluxe with DVB-S2-channels and that he can watch HD-Content on a TV-Server/MP-configuration. The only difference between him and my configuration is that he watches the HD-content on the same PC as where the TV-server is. This is a thing, which I cant test because my server-hardware is too poor.
Did you ever try to watch HD-content on your TV-server? Iam pretty sure this would work if your server-hardware has enough resources for decoding h.264.
BTW, here is the thread where Frodo mentioned what I was saying about the h.264/mpeg2 in one codec-problem:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/no_h_264_channels_mytv-t19209.html?t=19209

Bye,

Moorhuhn

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you tried using one of the available cyberlink decoders in mp setup?

For my part I can tune Pro7 HD, AnxieHD, etc with the following configuration:

mp2.jpg

mp1.jpg

However playback is not really consistent, changing channels often crashes MP or there's just sound but no picture.
    I will posts logs later this day.

Moorhuhn

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    flokel:
    - But you have a picture sometimes?
    - Is the PowerDVD-codec you selected from the normal, the deluxe or the bundled (TT3200) version?
    - Do you have a multiseat-installation or are you trying to watch on the PC where the DVB-S2-card is?

Bye,

Moorhuhn

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

- yes, I do have a picture, watching the first channel tuned works most often,
    but changing channels, watching for longer time makes mp vulnerable to crashing
    - I use the cyberlink software which is bundled with my skystar hd (=technotrend s2 3200)
    - I use the single seat configuration

Franky

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    ITALY
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Even if I set Cyberlink in boundle with my TT 3200 I cannot see H.264 TV in MP.
    Attached there are two images: the first one is the graph used by MP the third one is the graph used with DVB Viewer if I tune on LuxeTVHD... Please make a comparison and tell me what is wrong with MP.
    The second image is MyTV Options settings...
    I hope now you could understand... I suppose the cyberlink use two different codecs or this is my impression.
    Even if I can see H.264 Tv with the same Cyberlink codec of SDTV I prefer to use nVidia for my SDTV and Cyberlink for my H.264TV so a setting is welcome....

Regards
    Francesco

Moorhuhn

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did some testing with the HD-channels as well. The streaming-test suggested in the MediaPortal-TVServer-Manual section 5D showed that the problem must lay on the client-side, which means the MP on the clientside: When I switched on timeshifting on the TVServer under "Manual Control" for any HD-Channel and open this stream with VLC via rtsp the channel is displayed on the clientside without any problems and with no stuttering.

Isnt any of the developers there to give us a hint what to do? Or a rough estimation of the date when this will work?

Bye,

Moorhuhn

Franky

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    ITALY
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    After some research I suppose my problem with h.264 is the Demuxer. As you can see the graph I posted above the splitter used has only 2 pins and not H.264 pin.
    I would change it. Anybody can help me to understand which one is the best demuxer for MP and how to substitute it in MP graph?
    I can use DirectShow Filter Manager 0.5 to unregister or change merit of MPEG-2 Demultiplexer (mpg2splt.ax in system32). But which one to use after this?

Thank You...

spiderman

Portal Member
    July 11, 2006
    Limburg
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

When i try with my S2-3200 card then i get error: Unable to start timeshifting, no free card available.

When i try with my SS2 card i have no problems but with that card i can't recieve HDTV channels.

I got al latest svn software of MP installed.

Thanks for help.

Greetz,
    Spiderman

Moorhuhn

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    spiderman: Your request has nothing to do with the things discussed in the last postings of this thread. Please open up a new thread for your question.

Thank you.

Bye,

Moorhuhn

PS: Did you reboot all machines? Did you map the HD-channels to the TT3200?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom