TT-budget S2-3200 (1 Viewer)

Franky

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
At the end H.264 is working!!!
It's only a question of graphs: i suppose mediaportal MyTV client create a graph for h.264 based on merits of filters as graph edit do. So to have a working h.264 tv graph you have to set correctly the merits for each of the filters involved in H.264 decoding.
If you have Cyberlink 7 with H.264 codecs this is posible. I don't exclude it can work with some other H.264 decoders.
What I done to get the solution, it is to raise merits of Cyberlink H.264 decoder, Cyberlink splitter, Cyberlink Mpeg4 splitter and decoder and lower, for example intervideo H.264 decoder (it has never worked also in other applications) because for default it's very high. Reboot PC and try with LUXE TV HD again. At the end it works as you can see in the attached image!
My advice is to use graph edit to get a graph equal to what me and Flokel have obtained. Try to rendere a .TS file in H.264 in graph edit to see if it works. Try the same .TS h.264 in MP videos and at the end try in MyTV with a DVB-S2 H.264 channel.
Use Direct show filter manager to change merits for each dfilter(is attached in my previous post).
This is what I have done to get H.264LuxeTVHD working in MP.

I see that if you switch between SD to H.264 channels sometime the graph created is not correct.
So, I repeat I think that the H.264 graph build has to be done in a controlled mode related to some decoders settings as it happens for SD TV.
I hope this helps!!!

Now I have to fix deinterlacing, as I already know auto deinterlacing method doesn't work. I have to set cyberlink deinterlacing in force bob....How to do it in MP? This is another story.

Regards
Francesco

Moorhuhn

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I never tested with the tools Franky introduced till today, so it took me a while to understand everything. From what I understood the point is to let the demulitplexer send the H.264-part of the MPEG2-stream to a valid H.264-decoder. Is this right so far?

I then searched for free H.264-codecs (unlike PowerDVD or CoreAVC) and found libavcodec, which is e.g. part of the free ffdshow. I downloaded and installed this software and came to the graph, which I uploaded with this post. As I suppose that ffdshow is generally able to decode H.264 ("ffdShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder" is only the codec name, not the function), I do not understand why the HD-stream is not shown in MP.

Could the problem come from the way the H.264-codec gives the data to VMR9?

I also tried to open and display a streamed HD-file in VLC: No problem, but I suppose VLC does the decoding and displaying a totally other way than MP, so this wont help a lot!?!
When I try to open the same file with "render media file" in GraphEdit I get an "RPC-Server unavailable"-error!?! Anyway is there a way to find out how VLC does the decoding and displaying?

What I found a bit strange is that MP uses the codec configured in the "movies"-section for decoding MPEG2-content, no matter what video-decoder I configured in the TV-section.

Ok, sorry, I dont think this will be of very much help. But Iam sure we will find a solution some day...:)

Bye,

Moorhuhn

EDIT:
Ups. I didnt see you already have a solution, Franky.

Franky

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
For what I understood the MPeg2Demultiplexer (mpg2splt.ax) alone can't demux H.264 stream. Installing Cyberlink 7.0 decoders there is another demux that has to be involved in H.264 decoding, raisimg its merits. Now, without cyberlinks7 decoders I don't know what happens.
Moorhuhn :
Which DVB-S2 board do you use? And How have you obtained the attached graph?
First of all if I were you I try to have a valid H.264 .ts file recorded with AltDvb or dwbviewer tuning an H.264 channel. You can try to get this also with MediaPortal TVServer utility, going in Manual Control, starting TimeShift and Record to get a .ts H.264 file. I tried yesterday and I saw that the file disappear after you stop the test so you should go into the recording directory and copy the file before to stop recording. After try the file with VLC to see if it's a valid H.264 .ts file.
At this point you have to find the way to render this file in GraphEdit, otherwise you have no chance to see it in MP. You can try to create some tests graphs. When you find a way to rendere this file you have to raise merits of the filters involved. At this point, this file should be rendered also in MP->videos. After this you can start to try with H.264 channels.
However yesterday I made some other tests and I see that H.264 is a bit unstable in MP also if now I can tune some H.264 channels. For example, when I switch from a SD channel to an H.264 channel the graph created is not correct. So I have to stop and restart TV,
BTW it works for all FTA HD H.264 channels on HotBird13 and Astra19.2...

If you want to have more stability in HD channels remove everithing has nothing to do with MP and is not supported by MP Team...!!!....
Regards
Francesco

Moorhuhn

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Which DVB-S2 board do you use?
A Skystar HD and a Skystar 2 build into to the server. I have no board installed in my client.

And How have you obtained the attached graph?
Download and install ffdshow and set it as the codec in the MP-client-configuration in the movies and the television-section.

First of all if I were you I try to have a valid H.264 .ts file recorded with AltDvb or dwbviewer tuning an H.264 channel. You can try to get this also with MediaPortal TVServer utility, going in Manual Control, starting TimeShift and Record to get a .ts H.264 file. I tried yesterday and I saw that the file disappear after you stop the test so you should go into the recording directory and copy the file before to stop recording. After try the file with VLC to see if it's a valid H.264 .ts file.
Thats what I already did yesterday and this is also the file which I cant render in GraphEdit with the RPC-error-message. I was able to open and watch the file using VLC without any problems. Maybe VMR9/DirectX9 is not the best method to display HD-content...;) But thats another story. I know they had good reasons to choose VMR9 for displaying the streams.

At this point you have to find the way to render this file in GraphEdit, otherwise you have no chance to see it in MP. You can try to create some tests graphs. When you find a way to rendere this file you have to raise merits of the filters involved. At this point, this file should be rendered also in MP->videos. After this you can start to try with H.264 channels.
Thats the point where I stand now. As you said the demultiplexer of Cyberlink maybe does some additional operations on the stream. Wouldnt this mean, that one would just have to find a demultiplexer who separates the H.264-part of the MPEG2-stream and send it to, in my case, ffdshow?

Franky, do you think, that my general understanding of the way how one could integrate a free H.264/AVC-decoder in the graph, which I described in my last posting and in the previous paragraph are correct?

Bye,

Moorhuhn

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Besides the graph/decoder problems it seems obvious that MP has got serious problems with tuning dvb-s2 channels.

Or is anybody out there who got dvb-s2 working properly (tuning,zapping,recording)?

Hopefully Frodo can have a look at this.

Franky

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    ITALY
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Moorhuhn
    If think you have understand everything there is to understand, But if I were you I'd try before on the server side with the MP installed (a server client on same PC).What I think is that you should get a working graph from GraphEdit and after try in MP. This because I suppose MP uses a lot of Microsoft code to create the graph and render the .ts file. When you find a working graph you have to force MP to use the same graph changing filter merits.
    So it's important that GraphEdit(A Microsoft developer tool) works with your file.
    Fron the VMR9 Directx HD point of view I think has completely, nothing to do with your issues.

@ everybody:
    some considerations about this thred from the developers can be very usefull...

At the end I supposse is a bit too early to try H.264 DVB-S2 channels on MP TVserver engine....

Regards Francesco

Moorhuhn

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are several people especially in the german part of the community, who claim to have a working multiseat-installation with HD-streaming properly operating.
    I could hardly believe that they really have HD-streaming working with a TVServer as a server and MP as a client and HD-streaming, but they tell me they have...

Franky: Unfortunately I cant test the HD-streaming with a client on the server as the server is only PIII 900MHz with 512MB RAM. I didnt really try yet, but I doubt it would work. I would really like to get this thing to work without the Cyberlink-stuff. I think I will test around a little bit more the next days. There MUST be another solution.:mad:

flokel: Do you mean "MP has serious problems with HD-tuning" or do you mean "TVServer"? My impression ist that TVServer does a good job tuning and streaming the HD-channels. I have never had problems watching any of the TVServer-streams for any of the HD-channels with e.g. VLC instead of MP. I would agree, when you say that MP has a serious problem there.

This is very sad, as we have all the DVB-S2-HD-data already available in the stream, which is far more, than most, or all, other Client/Server-HTPC-solutions have. The only problem is to display them clientside, which is not a general, but only a MP respectively DirectX9-problem. I feel so close and still so far from the goal...

Bye,

Moorhuhn

PS: I sent Frodo a PN yesterday asking him to have a look at our thread, if he has some time. So hopefully...

Franky

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    ITALY
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    for me is the same: client and server on the same PC...
    Moorhuhn Move your server on the client PC and remember that to code H.264 needs a lot of CPU power (with ffdshow), if you don't use cyberlinks with nVidia 6-7-8 series VGA, because only this configuration can make some works on the VGA hardware...

Bye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom