Tv and recording does not work after suspend resume (1 Viewer)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Tv and recording does not work after suspend resume

old issue to me ;)

i had a nova t500 before and the same problems. after standby, the card is not recognized as expected. You have to restart tvservice after standby (card reinitialisation with powerscheduler won't help). there are many possibilities to restart tvservice after wakeup. if you don't know how, let me know, than i can help you.

htd73

Portal Member
    June 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Onkel Chris,
    Any advice you can share on how to restart tvservice afrer resume would be apprecieated. Am not that IT savy.
    Cheers

DrakeO9

Portal Member
    May 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got the same problem but in my case a server restart doesn't work. Any ideas?

htd73

Portal Member
    June 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Onkle Chris and Ray,
    Can you give me instructions as to how to automate the restarting of tvservice upon waken up .
    Ta

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ok... everybody who has problems, please give some more information...

1) after resume from standby, open TVServer config and go to the "manual..." section. is the card listed at the right as "unknown"?
    2) open device manager. are there any "unknown devices"? are there any exclamation marks on any devices?
    3) does a manual restart of tvservice do the trick (also found in the tvserver config "manual..." section)

if you can give these information, we (perhaps) can help you :)

(my spare time is very less atm, but I will try to help you)

DrakeO9

Portal Member
    May 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1) after resume from standby, open TVServer config and go to the "manual..." section. is the card listed at the right as "unknown"?

No, the card is listed with it's right name but it is idle most of the time and sometimes it trys to grab epg.

2) open device manager. are there any "unknown devices"? are there any exclamation marks on any devices?

No, but i got 2 devices listed for my card. The first is called "Tevii S464 BDA DVB-S2" and under status it says that it has a installed driver and antoher device called "Tevii S464 Capture but there it says that no driver is installed but I installed one.

3) does a manual restart of tvservice do the trick (also found in the tvserver config "manual..." section)

No, still get "unable to start graph".

htd73

Portal Member
    June 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Onkel Chris,
    My problem is solved when I kill tvservice and restarted.
    I just dont know how to automatically kill and restart tvservice after wakeup.
    Thanks

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

No, the card is listed with it's right name but it is idle most of the time and sometimes it trys to grab epg.
    No, but i got 2 devices listed for my card. The first is called "Tevii S464 BDA DVB-S2" and under status it says that it has a installed driver and antoher device called "Tevii S464 Capture but there it says that no driver is installed but I installed one.
    No, still get "unable to start graph".

Try this before you standby your system pls:
    1) open device manager, disable all tuning devices
    2) goto standby
    3) resume from standby, open device manager, enable the tuning devices
    4) go to tvserver config, "manual..." section, try to start timeshift -> if not working, restart tvservice, try again
    5) let me know, what happened ;)

Hi Onkel Chris,
    My problem is solved when I kill tvservice and restarted.
    I just dont know how to automatically kill and restart tvservice after wakeup.
    Thanks

You could try MPStandbyHandler, this is doing what it should, restart tvservice after resume. If I have some spare time the next days, I try to do something similar, but integrated in MP... Let me know, if StandByHandler works for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom