TV can't tune - 2 different cards (1 Viewer)

wiggums

Portal Member
June 25, 2005
Sydney, Australia
If I tune my channells using the Videomate card (Compro T300 from memory) I can watch and record all stations with the Videomate card but the DNTV! Live card will only succefully tune in 1 of the stations to watch and record they other channels report no signal. However if I use the DNTV! live card to autotune the reverse happens.....and the Videomate card becomes useless.
Is it possible that you need 2 diffrent channel settings for 2 different cards??? None if what is happening is making sense to me. I thought that once you tune in the channels both cards should use the 1 set of settings to be able to tune a particular station.

Support template:
MP Version: 0.2.0RC2 with no CVS (and CVS 12-20-2005)
Skin: Blue Two or Christmas Skin
Windows Version: XP SP2 (And all updates available).
CPU Type: Intel 3.0 775
Memory: DDR2 1Gig
Motherboard Chipset: Asus P5LD2 DELUXE
Video Card: ABIT RADEON ATI RX600
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6467
Video Render Type: VMR9 Renderless
Video Codec Type & Version: MPEG2DEC filter
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
TV Card: DNTV! Live LP and a VideoMate BDA Digital Capture
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 2.0.0.3

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    There is a problem which has been discovered with windows XP, which actualy breaks dvb for 2+ cards. Theres a fix but we cant distribute it because they are windows MCE files. Give me a PM and we will try it ;)

meklubba

December 11, 2005
    I have kind of the same problem. I have 2 asus cards (not dvb) and they work separatly but if I enable them both and try to use them, nither card can tune in any channel. All channel strengths is 0.
    Can I please have the patch as well?

/Daniel

sciutand

Portal Member
    February 4, 2005
    Good old Microsoft; could it be that the bug is not really a mistake?..but it's done on purpose to slow competitors in the Multimedia arena?

AS

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    To clarify - does this mean that >1 DVB-T card is not working for *anyone* at the moment?

I ask because I'm expecting to receive my 2nd DVB-T card tomorrow (Xmas present to self) and will be disappointed if dual tuners isn't working :(

Cheers,
    BigJ.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi BigJ,

I have 2 DVB-T tuners playing happily together within MediaPortal - no problems at all.... :D

If you are using Windows XP, then you will require the fix mentioned by Callifo - PM him if you require more information. If you are using the latest update (RU?) of MCE, then you are OK.

I am using MP v0.2.0.0RC2 with the CVS from 12-30-2005--01-06.

If you are in Australia, you may have to tweak the dvbt.xml file to get the correct centre frequencies of the channels, too. MP Autotune seems to only select frequencies that are xxx,625kHz instead of xxx,500kHz - which causes slow channel changes. Refer here for more information. Also, make sure that you have the option "Grab EPG from DVB" unchecked in MediaPortal Setup/Television/Program Guide - the AU channels don't broadcast EPG data and if this option is enabled, it confuses the hell out of MP.....

So your Christmas present will be very useful..... :D

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    Taipan said:
    Hi BigJ,

If you are using Windows XP, then you will require the fix mentioned by Callifo - PM him if you require more information. If you are using the latest update (RU?) of MCE, then you are OK.

I'm using XP (Home) fully patched, UK based, CVS from today 3-01-2006.
    I'll see how it goes and report back - and also ping Callifo if needs be.

Thanks
    BigJ.

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    bigj said:
    I'll see how it goes and report back - and also ping Callifo if needs be.

Ok, well mixed results.

I'm attempting to set up:

Card1: Compro DVB-T T300
    Card2: LeadTek 1000T

Either on their own seem ok. I can even get both working by tuning one card and assigning all channels to both. But any rigorous attempt at using MP with dual cards will quickly lead to a hang. Interestingly, after this the Leadtek refuses to tune any but the first multiplex - so perhaps a tuner/BDA driver crash. Does this seem like the expected behaviour without your recommended 'patch'?

TIA,
    BigJ.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    bigj said:
    Does this seem like the expected behaviour without your recommended 'patch'?
    Yes, it does. I would be pretty confident that the "Callifo patch" will solve this for you.

Also, disable "Grab EPG from DVB" while you are going through this testing phase, and check the frequencies of the channels that you have scanned with Autotune. I found that many of them were wrong (out by 125kHz) and you might find the same, too. I believe that this also contributed to my problems.

And a final tip - make sure that the 2 cards are set to different priorities - I set one at 10 and the other at 1. It doesn't matter what you have them set at for viewing and recording, as it looks like MP ignores those settings. But, from my testing, the priority setting determines which card is used first for either viewing or recording when MP first enters My TV.

Good luck..... :)

Taipan

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Taipan said:
    "Callifo patch" Taipan

I believe it was a "Frodo patch" actually ;)

Wish we could host it somewhere, perhaps its worth trying xpmediacentre.com.au (they were hosting a whole library of the files, so I could just slip it in there and call it Original/Backup or something along those lines ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom