TV Clickfinder direct import!!!! how to use (1 Viewer)

merci1983

Portal Pro
November 13, 2004
Near Bremen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo mpod,

first i like thanks very very much for such a feature. I saw the changelog in the office today morning and now i want to try it.

Can you give me a hint how to use it? or have i overseen a topic, then please someone delete this post.

Thanks for you help!!!!

cu
merci

PS.
I´m using RC4 with the svn 07-03-2006 1.02 with bluetwo and clickfinder 5.12

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
It's quite easy to use... I wanted to do that later for the wiki, but let's just do it now, I'm gonna copy it later....
  • Be sure TV Movie Clickfinder is installed locally and that you have your valid subscription if you wanna use some more channels than just the few free ones.
  • Config clickfinder to update its db whenever you want. Daily at 02:00 could be a good time.... If this is your first install, this is a good time to config your clickfinder and update its db for the first time.
  • Open MediaPortal's configuration.exe, go to Plugins/TV Movie Clickfinder, enable it by doubleclicking. Right-click on it, choose "Configuration".
  • In the left list you can see your MediaPortal channels. In the right one all available TV Movie Clickfinder stations. Just mark your MediaPortal channel and doubleclick on the TV Movie station(s) you want to assign to your MP channel.
  • If you got more than 1 station assigned to a channel, you can use timesharing to get a mixed EPG for that channel.
    Example: arte / Bloomberg TV
    arte: 13:00 - 03:00 / Bloomberg TV: 03:00 - 14:00

• Settings: Use short descriptions - Uses the short descriptions from Clickfinder rather than the longer more detailed ones.
  • Settings: Show audio format - The program description would contain the audio format then.
  • Settings: Slower import - If you experience a studder or if your CPU usage is flying high as a bird after some seconds MP has been started, check this box, this gives additional CPU cycles to other processes.

Importing data in the background is triggered on MP start and every 30 Minutes, both cases only happen if the database was updated after the last successful import.

This is very detailed, the time you need to learn its usage is much shorter than the time you spent on reading this description. :wink:

Have fun with MP!

Update: Import will be started on every database change. Was needed to support the new ClickFinder.

Update: Import ClickFinder scheduled recordings: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=101172&postcount=33

merci1983

Portal Pro
November 13, 2004
Near Bremen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for your quick answer

Sorry i don´t want to hurt you with my question - but this feature was to great so i want to test it.

With the double click now i understand how it works (your explanation is very well!!!!)

Again i only can say thanks for this great plugin - and have a lot of fun tomorrow in berlin - if you like soccer :)

cu
merci

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for this nice plugin, good work :D

But I have one Problem with Clickfinder: It doesnt update its database?
I have clickfinder configured that it should update its database once a day, when it found an internet connection. (Einmal pro Tag, bei Herstellung einer Internetverbindung, aktualisieren).

Live-Update is activated. The TV-Timer autostarts with Windows (which is needed I think for the update), but it doesnt work.

BTW: I have a Router which is always connected with the internet. I thought it would update its database right after Windows is booting up (when my internet connection is active).

What can I do? :(

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
If you have a router internet connection, you have to specify a time when the update should take place. That's a Clickfinder flaw. The "detect internet connection" only works when you use windows dialup. I got the same and configured it to update at 01:00 at night.

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for the answer :D
If I configure it for lets say 02.00 pm and my HTPC is off, does clickfinder saves this setting and updates the database as soon as there is an internet connection? Or does my HTPC have to be activated at this moment (02.00 pm) ?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Never tested it, but I bet your PC has to be active at that time. For further questions you should ask TV Movie (or EWE Software) for support. We just supply the importer, not the app... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom