TV Guide Data in client keeps dissappearing-replaced with now and next from dvb card (1 Viewer)

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
April 14, 2007
TV-Server Version: 12-27-2007 01-37h Revision 16742
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 + 12-27-2007 01-37h Revision 16742
MediaPortal Skin: Xface
Windows Version: Vista 32
CPU Type: AMD X2 4600+
HDD: 2 x SATA 2 - 160GB, 500GB
Memory: 2 GB DDR2 Cosair Value Select
Motherboard: ASUS M2NE
Motherboard Chipset: Nvidia 570 Ultra
Motherboard Bios: 1202
Video Card: Nvidia 7600 GT
Video Card Driver: 163.75
Sound Card: Soundmax On Board
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 6.10.01.6110
1. TV Card: DVICO Dual Digital 4 / 2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 3.63.01
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Purevideo Platinum
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia Purevideo Platinum
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Zalman HD-160
Cooling: Case FANS
Power Supply: Thermaltake 450
Remote: Dvico Supplied
TV: Samsung Rear Pro CRT SP52Q7HRX
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI - 1920i

When using client, the tv guide data keeps dissappearing and gets replaced with now and next only.

The now and next information only usually comes from the card itself over the air.

Even though I go into tv server config and untick grab epg while idle and grab epg while timeshifting.

Are these the only areas where you tell mediaportal not to grab the tv guide from dvb card?

I find if I do a force import and then open client, the tv guide data is all there for the all the days ahead.. But then after a few minutes it will no longer show up and all I can see is now and next information only and im assuming this is from dbv card itself even though I disabled it?

If I look in the database itself the tv guide data is still all there but its like media portal client just ignores this and still keeps grabbing it from dvb and replacing it??

help please!!

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am guessing your from Australia..... there is another section in the TV Channels section called TV EPG Grabber. Deselect all the channels in thier and then restart the TV Server Serivce. This should fix your issues.

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2007
    Thanks, I didnt see that section but I think I might have worked the issue out. I went into the general settings where it has grab epg when idle.

Even though it was not enabled it still had the a time period of 240 seconds for refreshing I changed this to 0 seconds and so far the tv guide from database has stayed in tv guide now.

It looks like it was still grabbing the guide from dvb every 240 seconds even though the enabled tick box wasnt selected,

Anyways so it appears you cant have tv guide from xmltv and grab from dvb running at the same time? It would be nice because some channels have no data from xmltv so I could have used grab from dvb for the no data channels so I could see whats on now and next at least

Cybertex

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    When using client, the tv guide data keeps dissappearing and gets replaced with now and next only.

The now and next information only usually comes from the card itself over the air.

Hi, I can confirm this behaviour. After days of test, I found out (only yesterday, was going to post...) that only solution, for me, was to totally disable EPG grab, in "general" tab and in the detailed tab (the one with the channel list). The weird this is that EPG was grabbed also for channels I disabled. I think it grab the whole transponder, regardless the settings for single channels in transponder.

BTW, disabling EPG solved (for me) also a problem with TV Service responsiveness. I'll open a new thread for this issue, in next days.

Edited:
    Opened a new thread about EPG causing problems in tvservice: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e_disable_epg-t33276.html?p=219319#post219319

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    yep, something seemed to change a while ago. I used to have DVB EPG grab turned on, since it would fill in at least Now and Next data if the web epg grab failed, but now it deletes the existing TV guide then adds the DVB epg. unfortunately in Australia this is pretty badly supported by the networks.
    I think it happened when the XMLTV2 source was added - there seems to be a bug where it doesn't check if replacement data is available before deleting DVB EPG (makes sense, since most other countries implement this properly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom