TV Logos (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, yes I removed everything and also just in case the folder under program as well, surely the data is different for each client as won't the Last Viewed and favourites be different for each client depending on what they view? As the data was completely removed I can only think that the server must be sending the data, but where from?
    The data are handled by user are same on all clients. If you have user management disabled a client-user is created automatically. The data are stored on the server. The ID's etc. are in the databases "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database" the cached fanart is not only in one location, but most things can be foudn here: "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Thumbs\FanArt"

You can also try to switch on user management on each client, so you can continue watching movies etc. from any other client, they are synchronized by user.

picturepete

Portal Member
    February 29, 2020
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, so how are the logos displayed? should the favourites and last played show fan art? Could it be possibly cached somewhere? I guess I could uninstall the server but I have spent many hours :) setting up the channels and getting the epg to work, any thoughts around that?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, so how are the logos displayed?
    As mentinoned earlier on server: "\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Logos"

should the favourites and last played show fan art?
    For TV only the Channel-Logo should be displayed, nothing else. For other media a poster or thumbnail is used.

Did you turn on user management ont he clients?

picturepete

Portal Member
    February 29, 2020
    Home Country
    Hi I have turned on user management on the panel and that appears to have fixed the problem, but the question is why did it happen in the first place? However I have just noticed that now in the guide the logos have been replaced with I can only assume is fan art. And the logos are not correct

Attachments

• 506C1FD5-07E2-4122-A25A-0A0E07309562.jpeg
      506C1FD5-07E2-4122-A25A-0A0E07309562.jpeg
      4.6 MB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi I have turned on user management on the panel and that appears to have fixed the problem, but the question is why did it happen in the first place? However I have just noticed that now in the guide the logos have been replaced with I can only assume is fan art. And the logos are not correct
    I’ve never seen that in several years :( And I have no idea about the root cause. Basically it can be just related to corrupted references on server side. I think it’s almost impossible to fix it afterwards. I fear you have to setup everything from scratch.

picturepete

Portal Member
    February 29, 2020
    Home Country
    Thats a pain, so is there anyway to backup just the tv channels? and then reimort them into a new install

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thats a pain, so is there anyway to backup just the tv channels? and then reimort them into a new install
    I think there is a way, but I'm not using TV with MediaPortal2 (just for testing and skinning), so hopefully someboy else can help.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    is there anyway to backup just the tv channels? and then reimort them into a new install
    If you are using MP TV Server version 3 (TVE3), and not using TV Mosaic, you can use the export and import feature of "TV Server Config" to export your current channels, and then import them later. However...

I have not been following this thread, so if the problem is with channel logos, they won't be exported, and your existing ones may not be usable after the import.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Lardy

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have encountered this issue as well today after upgrading to Windows 11. I have a Client-Server setup on my MediaPC and a Client setup only on my Notebook. Upgraded Notebook to Windows 11 yesterday with no issues. However today when upgrading the Client-Server the TV Logos borked on the TV Home Screen.

Similar to the OP in that some are TV Logos and others are TV Series artwork. The TV guide is fine.

If I switch skin to WMC the Logos are good, so perhaps it is a Nereus skin issue?

Testing out some of the advice above I did an uninstall and renamed both the folders below. I imported my TVserver config from XML but it appears to break the TV Logos again when I restore the Datastore.s3db database.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal
    • C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal

Attachments

• client-server_1.png
      client-server_1.png
      767.2 KB
    • client-server_2.png
      client-server_2.png
      862.5 KB
    • client-server_3.png
      client-server_3.png
      937.8 KB
    • client-only_1.png
      client-only_1.png
      496.6 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, thanks for the feedback.
    My upgrades to Windows 11 went without any issues, so I'm kind of puzzled what is going on :confused:
    Your actions help to narrow down it a bit. It's a combination with the database. I thought it gets corrupted with the Windows 11 upgrade, but telling WMC skin still is ok breaks the theory again.

Below I compared the code pieces to get the TVLogos on the home screen in Nereus and WMC. There is no difference.

Nereus:
    XML:
          <Image x:Name="logo" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Stretch="Uniform" Margin="10">
            <Image.Source>
              <fanart:FanArtImageSource fanart:FanArtMediaType="{Binding ChannelLogoType}" fanart:FanArtType="Banner" fanart:FanArtName="{Binding Channel.Name}"
                                        fanart:MaxWidth="{StaticResource TvLogoChacheWidth}" fanart:MaxHeight="{StaticResource TvLogoChacheHeight}"/>
            </Image.Source>
          </Image>

WMC:
    XML:
          <Image x:Name="ItemTypeImage" Stretch="Uniform" Margin="10,5,10,5">
            <Image.Source>
              <fanart:FanArtImageSource fanart:FanArtMediaType="{Binding ChannelLogoType}" fanart:FanArtType="Banner" fanart:FanArtName="{Binding Channel.Name}"
                                        fanart:MaxWidth="{StaticResource CHANNEL_GRID_WIDTH_S}" fanart:MaxHeight="{StaticResource CHANNEL_GRID_HEIGHT_S}"/>
            </Image.Source>
          </Image>

I fear we need to involve the experts, because something in the backend is happening.
    @morpheus_xx @Brownard any clue what could cause this in combination with a Windows 11 upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom