[Bug] TV: missing audio stream in records (Sky) (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I cannot confirm Brette's issue.

Keep in mind that not all movies on Sky have three audio streams, actually the majority has only two. Myself I am recording with 3-5 minutes pre-record time (using a Cine V6 + CI/Maxcam Twin V1) before the show starts and never experienced audio issues. I just verified one recording with three streams and each of them can be selected and heard properly. :

Language.JPG

Funny that the second stream is called "English although the real language is French. I have no clue if this is due to a different hardware setup or the shorter pre-record time.

Before you ask a a log: None available at the Moment as the recording is older. I would Need to check running Sky movies to see if there are three streams and programme a recording of that movie at the next full broadcast time. Let me know if you want me to do that.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I cannot confirm Brette's issue.

Keep in mind that not all movies on Sky have three audio streams, actually the majority has only two. Myself I am recording with 3-5 minutes pre-record time (using a Cine V6 + CI/Maxcam Twin V1) before the show starts and never experienced audio issues. I just verified one recording with three streams and each of them can be selected and heard properly.
    I don't think Brette is saying that streams are missing. In other words, it is not about whether one, two or three audio streams are available. I can say from Brette's logs that TsWriter is finding all available streams. The problem that I'm hearing is that the streams which are detected later are silent (ie. encrypted).

Having said that, it is good to know that you have no problem with a Cine V6. That means we should be able to rule out DD drivers/API as a cause.

I have no clue if this is due to a different hardware setup or the shorter pre-record time.
    The stream language comes straight from the provider.
    A shorter pre-record could make a difference. If the recording starts after all streams become available... that might be enough to avoid the problem.

Before you ask a a log: None available at the Moment as the recording is older. I would Need to check running Sky movies to see if there are three streams and programme a recording of that movie at the next full broadcast time. Let me know if you want me to do that.
    Okay, no problem. From my perspective the more log files the better. So, if you're able it would definitely be appreciated. :)

mm

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think Brette is saying that streams are missing. In other words, it is not about whether one, two or three audio streams are available. I can say from Brette's logs that TsWriter is finding all available streams. The problem that I'm hearing is that the streams which are detected later are silent (ie. encrypted).
    That is right. This happens also with 2 audio streams. You can select the second audio stream later in the recording but it is silent. Interestingly TSDoctor reports only one audio track available and does not complain about encrypted material.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, I'll check a 10 min pre-record time for a Sky movie. Next broadcast is at 17.25 - will report and post TVServer logs.

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, I'll check a 10 min pre-record time for a Sky movie. Next broadcast is at 17.25 - will report and post TVServer logs.
    Following the actual theory you will need a recording where there is only one audio stream available in the pre-record time. This is often the case with movies at prime time when there is advertisement, a "Making of" or "Zapping" running while pre-record starts.

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    did a short recording at 20:15 (10 min pre-rec) at Sky Cinema HD. Second audio track is again silent in the recording while there is audio in live TV.
    Attached are the logs, but there were other recordings running at the same time. Hope this doesn't bother otherwise I'll fetch other logs another day.
    Thanks for taking a look at it!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have to confirm Zoidberg77's and Brette's findings. Recorded a 20.15 show with 10 minutes pre-record time. To my surprise the second stream is indeed silent. Like Zoidberg I switched to another Sky channel at around 20.12. I never experienced this before with shorter pre-record times though, but maybe I never really looked for it.

Attachments

• TvServer.zip
      220.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Could somebody please be so kind as to upload the first 50 MB of a "failed" recording to our FTP server?
    Also, for comparison it would be helpful to have log files showing a successful recording (ie. short pre-record).

Thanks! :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oops, I already deleted the recording. Unfortunately the making of's are only broadcasted around prime time, i.e. tomorrow. In the meantime could you please post the ftp address?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom