[Bug] TV: missing audio stream in records (Sky) (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was just curious if the corruption will disappear.
    I really doubt the patch will help. The cause of the glitch is that TsWriter stops writing (or drops) packets while the PMT update is being processed. To reduce the glitch you could try the attached patch... but there will probably always be a glitch on decryption changes unless MD is smart enough to realise it only has to stop (or start) recording some of the streams.

PS: attached patch supports plugin, DD and includes the change to [maybe] reduce the PMT change glitch

Attachments

• TVLibrary[MP1.6_smooth_pmt_update].zip
      202.5 KB

Brette

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 11, 2007
    Sinsheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow!(y)

i will record the movie on primetime on Sky Cinema HD today.
    Should i use the Patch or not?

Thanks to everyone!

Sorry, i'm a little bit in a hurry :eek:

Brette

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 11, 2007
    Sinsheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First test with patch successfully(y)
    i tested a record on sky cinema +1 at 12:30.
    Started with 1 audio stream and change to 3 when the movie starts.
    All 3 audio streams are working.:)

(Sorry for my bad english:love:)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    First test with patch successfully(y)
    i tested a record on sky cinema +1 at 12:30.
    Started with 1 audio stream and change to 3 when the movie starts.
    All 3 audio streams are working.:)
    Great! :)
    So, I think this proves that the problem is with the DD driver/API ignoring the decrypt request.
    @morpheus_xx @FreakyJ
    Who can we report this problem to?
    I ask because I think they might want to know about this scenario, and ideally I'd prefer that they fix the problem in their driver rather than having us send a "fake" decrypt request.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000
    I have Norbert from DD in my Skype list. I have a very good contact to him because of the Octopus Net thingy. There was a bug and they fixed it within 24h^^
    But I think we have several options:
    - I write Norbert about the issue via Skype (I would need some kind of error description from you)
    - you contact Norbert via E-Mail
    - you contact Manfred (I think he is one of their Devs) via E-Mail

So it is up to you, I'm either way happy as long as the MD patch will get into TVE 3.5 :D

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last not least my little Input: recording at 18:00 with 10 min pre time is ok. Patch is working!

Attachments

• TVService.zip
      37.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have Norbert from DD in my Skype list. I have a very good contact to him because of the Octopus Net thingy. There was a bug and they fixed it within 24h^^
    But I think we have several options:
    - I write Norbert about the issue via Skype (I would need some kind of error description from you)
    - you contact Norbert via E-Mail
    - you contact Manfred (I think he is one of their Devs) via E-Mail
    I think it would be best that you contact them if you have a good relationship with Norbert. Please pass my greetings. :)

Recently a bug that affects Digital Devices hardware was reported on our forums. It relates to handling of dynamic PMT changes for encrypted channels.

When I say "dynamic PMT changes" I mean: changes to the number or type of video, audio, subtitles or teletext streams, some time after a channel has been tuned.

When TV Server detects a PMT change, it asks the CI/CAM to decrypt the channel again. For Digital Devices, we use the KSPROPERTY_DD_DECRYPT_PROGRAM property. It seems that the current Digital Devices driver ignores this request, maybe because it thinks that the CI/CAM is already decrypting the channel. The effect is that any new streams remain encrypted.

Could you please investigate. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Best regards,

So it is up to you, I'm either way happy as long as the MD patch will get into TVE 3.5 :D
    The plugin bug was only present in TVE 3, and probably only for the last few years (appears to have come in with the reservation system). TVE 3.5 probably would work, but he code is so different that it is not really possible to compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom