TV Not Recording (1 Viewer)

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
May 31, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
And as soon as I click on a channel all the EPG goes back to no data available. :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The number of entries per channel is indeed quite small, which makes me believe that like French channels BBC only broadcasts data for a very short time, maybe one hour. However, I am not the expert for UK TV here. So either reduce the cycle time for triggering a new EPG grab or consider using different sources.

There are some threads here about the UK TV program and different possibilities. If you can't find them yourself, you may also open a new thread with explicit EPG title in the respective forum section, and you will certainly receive feedback from somebody in Britain.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    The number of entries per channel is indeed quite small, which makes me believe that like French channels BBC only broadcasts data for a very short time, maybe one hour.
    The instructions that mm gave earlier are correct for DVB-T/T2 transmissions, but Toothfaerie's system specs show that he is using a satellite tuner card. I have never used satellite, but I vaguely recollect that UK users have to tune to a specific EPG channel (or is that only for Sky users?). Any UK satellite users following this thread?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

detroit1

November 27, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just installed Media Portal 2 on my Windows 7 laptop
    How do I get the TV Channels and recording to start working?
    I have WMC on this computer and that works fine. I want to try Media Portal on here

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @detroit1 and welcome,
    I just installed Media Portal 2 on my Windows 7 laptop
    How do I get the TV Channels and recording to start working?
    As a general rule: Please don't "highjack" other people's thread unless you have exactly the same situation, which is clearly not the case here.

We have a newcomer section with a series of instructions about first steps. ge2301 has already pointed you to the WIki, which is also referenced in the newscomer section.

gymnophoria

January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    I had this same problem with recording TV - the solution was that the default folder for recording specified in the config utility didn't exist. So why doesn't MediaPortal come up with an error? Or why can't it just create a folder automatically that's specified in the config?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom