TV Play from beginning doesn't start while still recording (1 Viewer)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    we already talked about it and decided to go with how it works now.
    I already proposed what u said.

/gibman

sogge

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Same problem here. No "watch from the beginning" where displayed using the mpeg recording option. I changed to ts file format and everything works ok now. but I would like to use the mpeg format for making it compatible with tvsweeper, progam I use to cut comercials.

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Same problem here. No "watch from the beginning" where displayed using the mpeg recording option. I changed to ts file format and everything works ok now. but I would like to use the mpeg format for making it compatible with tvsweeper, progam I use to cut comercials.

Just tried with mpeg and I do get the question but when I select watch from beginning nothing happens, once the recording is done I'm able to watch the show I also tried to watch the mpeg file in other programs while recording but they couldn't play it either so I started to think if this has something to do with the mpeg format itself, that once the recording is done it writes something to the end of the file and then it becomes a valid mpeg? Just a thought.

we already talked about it and decided to go with how it works now.
    I already proposed what u said.

/gibman

Ok I undestand that and as I said in a real life situation may not even occur. But now I been thinking about this and when there's still some issues if you record as mpeg, I started to think if shows that are currently being recorded should even be displayed here? You can se what is being recorded from the "Active recordings" window or from the "scheduled" screen you can even se what's being recorded in tv-guide and there you already get the option to watch from live point or from beginning(even though it's this option is currenlty not working with mpeg). But this screen is called Recorded TV when i think about the word recorded I think about shows that are already done recording. What do you think about that?

//johnzered

sogge

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    .... I also tried to watch the mpeg file in other programs while recording but they couldn't play it either so I started to think if this has something to do with the mpeg format itself, that once the recording is done it writes something to the end of the file and then it becomes a valid mpeg? Just a thought.

No, I don't think that it is a mpeg issue, because in the former version 0.2.3 without the server it worked ok.

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    .... I also tried to watch the mpeg file in other programs while recording but they couldn't play it either so I started to think if this has something to do with the mpeg format itself, that once the recording is done it writes something to the end of the file and then it becomes a valid mpeg? Just a thought.

No, I don't think that it is a mpeg issue, because in the former version 0.2.3 without the server it worked ok.

Hello,

as discussed here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ding-beginning-doesnt-work-mpeg-format-42722/ this feature is not possible if you are using mpeg as the recording format and it cannot be resolved because the issue is in microsofts code not in mp.

//johnzered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom