TV Problems with RC4 (1 Viewer)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
petteram said:
Hmm...have to buy some hardware tomorrow :)

Do you have any problems like this?
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=14287&highlight=

Its a confirmed bug in almost any DVB - T/S/C cards.

I have had lots of problems with tv in general, especially dvb-t. However, rc3 havewrked very well for me, with no "no signal detected" errors in later SVN/CVS-es, and only a small frame-skip 1-2 seconds afterchannel change.

It seems that rc4 is considerably worse afer 10 mins of messing around?

BTW, do you know why tuning channels are stored as binary data instead of xml? kind of breaks with th spirit elsewhere...

regards
nut

petteram

Portal Pro
November 4, 2005
Norway
BTW, do you know why tuning channels are stored as binary data instead of xml?

Sorry no. They are working hard with this bug for the moment.
http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view_all_bug_page.php

It seems that rc4 is considerably worse afer 10 mins of messing around?

Havent installed RC4 yet and if its worse I guess I`ll wait a little.
RC3 with latest SVN is for the moment "almost" perfect for me.
We have almost identical setup btw.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    where is this info coming from that rc4 has worse tv??
    As far as I know this is not true.

Runs 24/7 for me with the wife zapping along and the kid watchign video's and dvd's.

I only need to get rid of channels that I cannot decode as my CAM hangs on them. But that also happens on other receivers non HTPC related.

We will still be looking into issues people have ofcourse but assuming RC4 is worse? no, cannot support that.

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    That was not a general fact, but an observation after testing rc4 for 10 minutes yesterday. Take it for what it is. I had problems with choppy and/or "no signal" DVB-T. My analog tuner worked flawlessly.

Since re-installing MP is a real pain, I consider skipping RC4, in the hope of a final release. Anyone know of a fast, bulletproof way of going rc3->rc4 while keeping tv/radio-channels, EPG setup, music database, basically everyting?

I tried exporting my tv-channels and then re-importing them in rc4 but there seems to be some issues, either application or user issues ;-)

regards
    Knut

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    there were some database changes etc in MP

Did you do a clean install,
    Clean channel scan
    Clean setup etc etc.

Or did you simply put your rc3 databases in RC4?

New release = always do a clean install and rebuild of databases and always use default skins.

sorry if you did all this and you still have problems, I am sure that if you keep helping to test and bugreport etc we can fix the remaining issues. There r TV issues, just not issues that I know of that weren't allready in RC3.
    But I cannot know all ofcourse :)

dr.lector

Portal Member
    September 12, 2005
    okay first, i have to excuse me for not providing my support template, but im at work ...
    here are my basic specs:
    Tv Tuner: Twinhan DVB-S Ci (latest drivers 1.2.3.6)
    Pc: Shuttle Xpc (with latest realtek audio and mobo drivers)
    Gfx: Geforce 6800se
    1 gig ram
    i just wanted to say that im having troubles with the tvmodule too.
    timeshift seems to be always out of sync with video/audio (audio is way behind video).
    ive got more "no signal" messages than in rc3, espacially when i switch from scrambled to unscrambled channels.
    I also got a new message sometimes, which says that the timeshift buffer is not able to start (i dont know the exact words).
    I also think that switching channels without timeshift is slower than in rc3, but with timeshift on its faster.
    I made a clean install with rc4, scanned for all channels!

with best regards

edit: offtopic but i wanted to mention it anyway:
    i also found some bugs in the setup wizard in mp (i use the standard B2 skin in 1280x768) for example the point where u can choose the remote. This may be just a skin problem, i dont know

Users who are viewing this thread