[fixed] TV recordings time progress not remembered (1 Viewer)

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is on a fresh install of a singleseat setup.

Steps to reproduce,
    • Play a recorded TV show, watch for while then stop. (This starts at 14:57:24 in attached logs)
    • Try to play recording again (14:58:01 in logs) , a popup asking if you want to play from the beginning of the recording or from where you left off last time is meant to display, but instead it just plays from the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can not reproduce this. Haven't looked at your logs.

Does it happen with all recordings?

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

All recordings, all skins, 3 different fresh installs (Win7 64bit, Win8 VM 32bit) and an update of my main machine (W7 64bit).
    It started affecting GIT builds a week or two ago, reverting to older builds and it starts working again.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

All recordings, all skins, 3 different fresh installs (Win7 64bit, Win8 VM 32bit) and an update of my main machine (W7 64bit).
    It started affecting GIT builds a week or two ago, reverting to older builds and it starts working again.

If you can work out what day it got broken for you, that would be useful. However, the last real change to the TV plugin was 20 days ago, and was

https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/commit/8e3cb5aa467ed0f25a1212f8aeace7c9d1920412

Really need someone with expertise to look at your logs. I am not sure I qualify but I will have a look later if someone else doesn't beat me to it. I have just tested again and definitely cannot reproduce this problem.

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The last build that worked for me was made before scythes rework was merged to the master branch. A build from the 30th of april is the last one that worked.

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The last build that worked for me was made before scythes rework was merged to the master branch. A build from the 30th of april is the last one that worked.
    Me too, Scythes build works ok.
    Regards,

Markus

Last edited:

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Regards,

Markus

So you also see the problem?
    Yes I do see the same problem. Resume is no longer saved when a recording is stopped. Resume will work on a recording that was watched previous to 1.4 pre release. Bookmarks though do work correctly.

Markus

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Regards,

Markus

So you also see the problem?
    Yes I do see the same problem. Resume is no longer saved when a recording is stopped. Resume will work on a recording that was watched previous to 1.4 pre release. Bookmarks though do work correctly.

Markus

Very strange indeed. I can't see any reason in the recent changes why this would happen, and I cannot reproduce this at all (3 working systems).

Need more people to comment here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom