[no Bug] TV scheduled recording does not stop in some cases (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Does it exist some trace tool which can trace TV server scheduler thread?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does it exist some trace tool which can trace TV server scheduler thread?
    Yes and no.
    I tried to add log entries to the scheduler thread already, but it still didn't help to find the exact cause.
    It is possible to trace the scheduler thread if you download the code and install Visual Studio... but this is not very easy unless you're a developer.

bryan52

Portal Member
    March 10, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Had this issue with another MP1 system I support on W8.1. I reinstalled MP Version 1.6 which used to work on this system and it had the same issue.

Tracked the problem down to the Anti Virus software that was recently installed on this system. Reverted back to Windows defender and there has been no further issues with recordings since this change.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Had this issue with another MP1 system I support on W8.1. I reinstalled MP Version 1.6 which used to work on this system and it had the same issue.
    Tracked the problem down to the Anti Virus software that was recently installed on this system. Reverted back to Windows defender and there has been no further issues with recordings since this change.

It looks interesting, in my case the Windows defender in both Win7 and Win8.1 is switched off. I am using AVG (just web shield for Web browser plugin).
    Anyway I will try to uninstall AVG, switch on Windows defender in case of Win 8.1 and I will try some testing again over the night.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    It looks interesting, in my case the Windows defender in both Win7 and Win8.1 is switched off. I am using AVG (just web shield for Web browser plugin).
    Anyway I will try to uninstall AVG, switch on Windows defender in case of Win 8.1 and I will try some testing again over the night.

You would not believe me;). I tested MP 1.8.100 on Win 8.1 without AVG (I unstalled it) and with Windows defender as bryan52 recommended (I just activated it in Win 8.1 and updated vuris dfinition). The test result is the issue disappered (if I used internal Windows defender). As I have Win81. image from my testing, I tested this issue on same HW and with same SW configuration (on whicj I had the issue). So it looks the "patch" for this issue is to switch on Windows defender in Win8.1:)

Also I would like to mentione that also start and stop of each recorded program was correct (no issue as I had beofre the start/stop time was the same).

Last edited:

bryan52

Portal Member
    March 10, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I suspect the issue is with the operation of AVG and TV Service. AVG was the software that was removed from the W8.1 system I had this issue with.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I suspect the issue is with the operation of AVG and TV Service. AVG was the software that was removed from the W8.1 system I had this issue with.

I will try to test it also without Windows defender (and AVG) and let you know.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    So here are summary results:

Win 7 x64:
    • AVG: no issue
    • Windows defender: no issue
    • No antivir: no issue

Win 8.1 x64
    • AVG: issue (may be I switch off Windows defender partly only)
    • Windows defender: no issue
    • No antivir: no issue

Together with AVG is also installed:
    • Visual Studio 2012 x64 Redistributables
    • Visual Studio 2012 x64 Redistributables

I think this could be good start for next troubleshotting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom