[no Bug] TV scheduled recording does not stop in some cases (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have the same issue here with Win 8.1 64bit and AVG. I am testing right now and for the last two days everything worked fine.
When I uninstalled AVG I forgot to check my exclusion settings.
marttoma, did you exclude the mediaportal folder in AVG?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for reporting huha :)
    My understanding is that AVG is affecting TV Server only, so I don't know whether excluding the MP folder will have any effect. More likely there is some kind of network security component that needs to be configured...

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am running avast on my other system and excluded the complete Team Media Portal Folder which is running fine, but i am not doing a lot of recordings here. I thaught this would cover MP and the TV server. I do not remember what I had with the AVG settings. I want to continue testing with the Defender till the week end and will then give a try to Avast next week.
    A big thanks for starting this thread. I thaught my Tv card is breaking as i had no problems before.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    marttoma, did you exclude the mediaportal folder in AVG?
    When I had the issue with AVG, I excluded everything what should affect MP performance, i.e.:
    • MP folder
    • MySQL folder
    • TV recording folder
    • Photo, Video, Films etc folder
    • MP process
    • MySQL process
    Even with setting above (the MP was excluded as well) I had the issue with the TV recpording in Win 8.1 x64.

Now I am running MP (1.9.0) on Windows 8.1 x64 without AVG (I completly removed AVG for the system) already couple of weeks and I have not have any issue with TV recording by now:)

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    marttoma,
    thanks, I was not sure if I had the correct settings used in AVG. I am testing Avast right now, as i do not want to completely rely on the defender. It would be great if users could report what other antivirus software works fine (or not) for win 8.1 to get a complete picture.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just to reiterate: I'm 95% sure the issue is related to network access/communication, and nothing to do with the file system. I don't see why AVG shouldn't work if configured correctly.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    marttoma,
    thanks, I was not sure if I had the correct settings used in AVG. I am testing Avast right now, as i do not want to completely rely on the defender. It would be great if users could report what other antivirus software works fine (or not) for win 8.1 to get a complete picture.

I forgot to listed I excluded in AVG also following:
    • TV server apps folder
    • TV server service

Curently I dont have any antivir as I am using MP as a single seat system in living room and I dont download from inet anything. I was using defender as well but in some case I had stuffering - still let say under my evaluation & testing:)

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just for completeness:
    I am using Avast now for nearly a week and everything is working perfect. The only setting I have added in the exclusions was the folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal
    So this is closed for me now. Thanks for your help.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    ust for completeness:
    I am using Avast now for nearly a week and everything is working perfect. The only setting I have added in the exclusions was the folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal
    So this is closed for me now. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for information Avast is working fine in your case, I will have to try it:)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to reiterate: I'm 95% sure the issue is related to network access/communication, and nothing to do with the file system. I don't see why AVG shouldn't work if configured correctly.
    Last week I had a problem with several recordings not stopping. I came down in the morning to find that the HTPC was still running. There were four recordings which had not terminated. In my case:

(1) I am using 32-bit Vista (with MP 1.9.0 pre).
    (2) I do not use the ComSkip plugin.
    (3) I do not use any antivirus (but the Windows Firewall is enabled).

I have attached the logs. The relevant log seems to be "tvserver_TVService.1.log". One of the recordings that did not stop was "Smiley's People". The programme was broadcast 22:00-23:00, so with padding the recording should have started at 21:59 and ended at 23:05. If you search for "smiley", you will see that the recording is started, but there is no entry showing that the recording stopped. This also applies to "Grand Designs Australia", "Supernatural", and "The Big Bang Theory". The latter started at 23:00, but the others all started at 22:00. Interestingly, there was meanwhile a recording of the "Keiser Report" (broadcast: 22:30-23:00; with extra padding: 22:25-23:05), and that started and stopped correctly.

Are there any indications as to what might have caused this (my TBS tuners again?). Thanks.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom