TV Server 1.1 Peak dual Turner (kworld) (1 Viewer)

birkenhead

Portal Member
March 31, 2009
MediaPortal Version: Beta1.1 (svn-1.0.4.2466)
MediaPortal Skin: stardard
Windows Version: win7 64bit
CPU Type: Intel 3.4ghz
HDD: 750GB
Memory: 4GB 4x1GB
Motherboard: Fic P4M-915GDI
Video Card: HD4350 (HDMI) 512mb
Video Card Driver: 8.681.0.0
Sound Card: Realtek
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.6013
1. TV Card: Peak DualTurner (221544AGPK)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 9.603.1.630
2. TV Card: Techinsat cablestar2 (x2)
2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
2. TV Card Driver: 4.5.1.0
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ATI Mpag2
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Scaleo-e
Cooling: Passive
Power Supply: 250w
Remote: Acer MCE (scaleo)
TV: Toshiba
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi, Recently install windows7 64bit, upgraded to Beta 1.1, the DVB-T card (Peak dual turner (which is also the Kworld PC160-2T)) is taking a very long time to initialize before scanning, also the same when activating in view mode! (each of the dual turners), we are talking 3-5mins, once started switching between channels is fine!unless you record one channel, then again you need to wait until the other turner is activated (loaded) taking 3-5 mins AGAIN.

So i decided to edit the card properties (within TV server) by ticking the box which allow the card to be preloaded.

It took a while to initialize, reboot the PC.... then TV server CRASHED OUT see the error.PNG attachment. i had to uninstall the card to get the log files.... please attachments.

PS: the drives are fine within Peaks own software (HyperMediaCenter 3.6), no delays in scannig or veiwing.

Edited

TV-Server Allowed me to Preload my DVB-C cards, without problems!!

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    44.9 KB

birkenhead

Portal Member
March 31, 2009
Update

I've tried the above with earlier drivers (Vista & XP 64bit) the fault remains the same within Win7, yet the cards works fine XP64 bit & MP1.0.2, also works fine in XP 32bit with MP1.1 alpha!! so it can only an environment problem with win7 & MP1.1

If an anyone can help please!!!

I'm desperate to get this card working.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Stupid question I know, but does the card get recognised and work with Windows Media Centre.

What codecs are you using, have read that some people are having some issues with that codec, so try the windows codecs.

birkenhead

Portal Member
    March 31, 2009
    Stupid question I know, but does the card get recognised and work with Windows Media Centre.

What codecs are you using, have read that some people are having some issues with that codec, so try the windows codecs.

The card works fine in Windows Media Centre.... no delays whatsoever, the fault remains in the initialisation of the card, it causes long delays in MP; the card as a mini LED (neon blue) for each tuner, so you see when the card becomes active. you have to wait for 3-5mins before it first starts to scans in MP.

PS: i have no problems with the codecs, i've tried couple... it makes no difference.

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Birkenhead

i know its been a while but have you had any resolution with this problem?

i am having a similar issue. system specs are

windows xp sp3
    mediaportal 1.0.2
    kworld dvb-t pc160-t2
    dvb-t pinnacle royaltuner

the weird thing is the first time i installed it worked fine. then after stuffing around with things i corrupted the while system lol! so i unistalled mediaportal and re-installed. since then the kworld card takes 5 minutes to start the scan. the pinnacle works like a rock.

i have another one of these kworld cards installed in a separate pc as a stand alone and its been running solidly for about 6 months now. very confused with this and have read a few others having the same issue with the AF9015 drivers but no one has seemed to find a solution (that i can find anyway)

cheers:confused:

birkenhead

Portal Member
    March 31, 2009
    sorry, Ive not found a solution, although my problem is with win7 64bit, not XP.... if you do find a solution please post.

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yeah have tried almost everything but no cigar.will test it out on clean build of xp shortly. will let you know if it works for me.

cheers

jtgowen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi All,

I have the Kworld pc160-2t and experienced exactly the same problem with initialistion times taking 3-5 minutes. I tried all versions of drivers I could find for the AF9015 but none made a difference on Windows 7.

I must admit the card has now been removed from my htpc and replaced with my old reliable nebula card. I found pre-loading was an option but I like to tweek and reboot quite a bit so having to wait 3-5 minutes until tv server became responsive wasn't practical.

I hope your logs allows the devs to provide a fix (unless it is just poor af9015 bda drivers)

Kind regards,

James

jtgowen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 3, 2009
    Home Country
    I might regret posting this too early... but on a fresh install of 1.1.0 RC3 and a reboot later the pc160-2t is preloaded and working instantly without the hanging of tv server...

After the install I did this in TV server config:

1) No of IP cards set to 0 and disabled the radiowebstream card.
    2) Set each AF9015 BDA card to preloaded
    3) Set 'Preferred network provider' to DVBT

The last step I never tried before (DVBT) and it seems to be working at the moment. I'll post again once it's been through a few reboots.

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah funny thing is i have 2 of these cards and admittedly they were cheap but i think the drivers are a little flaky. when i first bought them i installed them both in the one machine to have 4 channels. everything worked fine for about 2 days then for no reason i couldn't watch tv. found out the drivers decided they couldn't figure out which card to work for :) so i took out one card then it all worked fine.

so currently have a 2nd machine with this card in it and its working flawlessly. so i had a spare and one night wanted to record 3 different shows but couldn't so i thought i would install the spare card into a machine which is currently running with a pinnacle dual card. first few times it took quite awhile to find the channels so i cancelled it then un-installed and re-installed the card about 3 times then it just decided to work! so was happy recording 4 channels for a few nights. decided to play around with it and corrupted the database :) so un-installed everything and started again...

and now stuck at the thing taking 10 minutes to find the channels...

also everytime to go to pre-load the card and after a restart it corrupts the tvservice and i have to re-install everything.

too lazy to re-install windows though... hopefully they come out with a driver that is stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom