TV Server 1.15 Pre Release and dedicated MySQL Server (1 Viewer)

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all!

I am running MP 1.15 Pre on Windows 10 @64 Bit as a single seat installation -> everything is running fine.

Now I recognized some performance issues between my KVM virtualizer and the MySQL running at the virtual instance.

I decided to move the MySQL from the Win 10 virtual instance to the host, where my common MySQL 5.6 is running (DEBIAN Jessie).

Recording, local handling and so on is still fine, but ... if I access the TV service from my external viewing stations, I got a connect (so far ok) but I am unable to retrieve any kind of data. MP application turns back to config screen (server not available).

What is wrong?

From point of communication everything seems fine.
    Firewall is off, Virus recognition software not installed (for the moment).

Tracing with Wireshark I can see a request to tcp:// Port 31456 TvControll application, a response and some more communication - but I can't decode the response fro my server.

What can be wrong ... not allowed to have the SQL-Server on a different PC than the TV-Service?

Thanks for any ideas.

RUE

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

not allowed to have the SQL-Server on a different PC than the TV-Service?
    This should be fine as long as the connection configuration is correct.

Please:
    1. Close MediaPortal (or other software that connects to TV Server, including KODI etc.) on all "clients" (wherever MediaPortal/alternative is installed).
    2. Stop the TV service on "the server" (wherever TV Server is installed).
    3. On "the server", check that the contents - IP address, DB user name, DB user password - of the gentle.config file in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server is correct.
    4. On all "clients", check that the contents - IP address, DB user name, DB user password - of the gentle.config file in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal is correct.
    If that doesn't help, make sure that your MySQL Server configuration allows connections from all the clients and server.
    If that doesn't help, provide log files. ;)

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good morning and thanks for the 'kick'.

I was not arware the client itself has a connection to the DB server instance.
    Finally I had to grant access privileges for the clients.

Thanks for your help!

RUE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom