TV server 1.2.3 is crashing for 1 week (1 Viewer)

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello,

Everything was working fine until very recently. TVserver (or MP) stops functionning after a couple of minute very often.
    I am puzzled by what can cause the problem. Here are my logs: Also my system spec have been updated.

Thank you in advance for those looking at my logs.

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I would like to add that few weeks ago the system started to have BSOD, dumping the memory and restarts. I am wondering if tvserver fails could lead to PC crash.

I did a memory test without issue.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello DjeC64

BSODs are usually caused by hardware or driver problems, but they can sometimes be trigged by other software that interacts closely with the hardware. Did you update any drivers recently?

Also, what did you do when you produced the log files? It looks like you started to watch M6 then 2 minutes later you stop. When did MP stop functioning?

mm

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi mm. Before running the debug, I deleted all logs. Then I started Tvserver then launched MP. After 2 min watching TV , MP crashed.
    The only thing that changed over the last year is that I had trouble updating AMD Radeon driver that for some reason get stuck to 12.3 . Now the HD4670 is maintained as legacy by AMD. Last version was 12.6. However I had lots of trouble to do a clean install of those drivers especially the OpenCL stuff was never installing properly! I tried to revert to 12.3 but could not find the package on my computer any longer. I will look closer into this.

I also did a Prime95 burning test without issue. So if there does not seem to have a decoding or signal level problem with the tv card then I will try to reinstall the graphic card again.[DOUBLEPOST=1351750650][/DOUBLEPOST]The other point is that when resuming from suspend, the computer often starts with a BSOD then dump memory and restarts. So could be some driver problem. However I can play computer 3d games on this machine without problem...

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    OK I managed to reinstall driver 12.3 with lots of pain to remove previous drivers. However MP launched one time without graphic driver installed and started in some safe configuration (do ntrecall what was the exact term).
    Howver now MP never starts again normall and do not connect to TVserver. TV guide is empty and an "unknwn error" happens. How do I restart MP in a previous working condition?

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Bah. I could not get mp to work again. So I reinstalled windows 7 (this time went to 64 bits) + MePo. Now MePo is working again and the reinstall did a lot other good things to the computer. However I still have BSOD upon wake up from suspend and cool start. Oddly this happens only when the computer is cold. On the morning, it can take up to 5 crashes/ restart in a row before it runs stable all day.
    Is it the sign of some hardware failure?
    If yes. How to track the faulty component?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    However I still have BSOD upon wake up from suspend and cool start. Oddly this happens only when the computer is cold. On the morning, it can take up to 5 crashes/ restart in a row before it runs stable all day.
    Is it the sign of some hardware failure?

Yes, probably - try removing and re-inserting all the RAM modules, PCI/PCIe cards, SATA cables, USB devices etc in case anything has worked loose. If that doesn't help then remove the cards and USB devices one-by-one to find out if any of those are developing a fault. If that fails to find it then it's probably time to think about motherboards, PSU or new RAM modules.

You can buy aerosol cans of 'freezer spray' from Maplin - http://www.maplin.co.uk/freezer-spray-29004 - and other places, which you can use to cool components down (if you think low temperatures trigger the problem). Don't spray this into the PSU, and be careful not to use so much that it causes a lot of condensation to form (which can cause failures anyway).

Tony

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I would like to add that few weeks ago the system started to have BSOD, dumping the memory and restarts. I am wondering if tvserver fails could lead to PC crash.

I did a memory test without issue.
    I had that when my last floppydtv started to die. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom