[no Bug] TV server - channel scan - No channels detected (1 Viewer)

chrholm

Portal Pro
June 20, 2005
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I found the exact problems mentioned in this thread. While upgrading to 1.00.07.601 made 1.2.0 beta work for me, the drivers are unfortunately unstable when using multiple tuners on the same box. This was never a problem with 1.00.05 on 1.1.3. I have had to disable one of the tuners for now, but am currently in a tight spot between 1.2.0 beta not working with the old drivers and the new drivers not working with multiple tuners.

Any chance of making a special case to make the old drivers work?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi chrholm

I understand your position - it is awkward. I can make a special build of 1.2.0b that will work with the older 1.00.05.601 drivers. As for 1.2.0rc, 1.2.0 final... lets just say that I don't want to be providing special support for the H7 forever! Let's hope Terratec get their act together. ;)

Instructions for use:

1. Stop TV Server.
    2. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the attached TVLibrary.dll into your TV Server install folder.
    4. Downgrade your driver.
    5. Restart the computer.

:)

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.2.0b_Terratec_H7].zip
      158.9 KB

ogir_xx

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2011
    largest town - Middle of Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi chrholm

Atm I`m learning/tweaking/bugtesting/ MP and plugins, so I have only 1 tuner with CI module installed atm.
    But when doing the initial setup of MP 1.2b and channelscanning I used two tuners, with no critical/obvious problems with the new beta drivers from Terratec.

What kind of 'unstability' issues are you experiencing?
    Are both tuners used with a CI module, only one tuner with CI module, or are both tuners only used for Free Too Air (FTA) channels?

When I know more about the symptoms I will install my tuner #2 to test if I experience the same problems.

chrholm

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have two tuners with both of them using CI. With the new drivers one of the tuners will suddenly be unable to tune channels. It will be random which tuner works and which doesn't. Disabling one of them will make the other one run without problems.

I have gone back to the older drivers and installed the patch provided here in the thread. I have been running flawlessly since then, so I am very happy.

I have two tuners with both of them using CI. With the new drivers one of the tuners will suddenly be unable to tune channels. It will be random which tuner works and which doesn't. Disabling one of them will make the other one run without problems.

I have gone back to the older drivers and installed the patch provided here in the thread. I have been running flawlessly since then, so I am very happy.

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I had the same problems using dual tuners with the 1.00.07.601 beta driver. Either one or both tuners weren’t working (No available tuners error). Also had problems using a single tuner; after a period of inactivity the CAM (Conax) stopped working and I needed to power cycle the tuner and restart the TV Service (Channel is scrambled error). I didn’t save any logs nor did any troubleshooting since the 1.00.05.601 driver & TV Library from mm1352000 works like a charm.

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Still no new Terratec drivers. mm1352000; could we get an 1.2 RC updated TV Library for our 1.00.05.601 driver?
    Please :D:D:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi aj1405

Updated patch attached. Please make sure you contact Terratec again - they should be told about the problem with the second tuner using the beta driver.

mm

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi aj1405

Updated patch attached. Please make sure you contact Terratec again - they should be told about the problem with the second tuner using the beta driver.

mm

Thanks, but it does not work. See attachment..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom