[Bug] TV Server configuration program stops responding when manually updating XMLTV EPG (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    TV Server configuration program stops responding for a few minutes when manually updating the EPG via XmlTv plugin. It doesn't show hour glass, or "working" message, or something like that. The window just friezes - doesn't move, doesn't refresh. But then it unlocks itself and goes back to normal.

Steps: Run the TV Server configuration program, go to properly configured and working XmlTv plugin, Mappings tab, Load/Refresh, Save, General, Force Import button, the window stops responding and no hour glass or anything for about 5 minutes (in my case - timing probably depends on the size of your database).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    And this behaviour did not occur with the MP version you had installed before?

I can not find anything inside the logs that XMLTV is run. I am quite sure that it should log the import process.... :confused:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    Honestly, it always worked like that. I think I even attempted to report it long time ago. Usually I don't care because XML update runs automatically in the background. But it becomes a little bit annoying when you do it manually. And my database is one analog provider, one digital and one satellite. Maybe being sluggish is normal, it is probabably a CPU intensive process, but we are definitely missing a progress indicator or at least a little hour glass icon. ;)

Can you reproduce the issue at your end?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    I am not using XMLTV at all. I use Clickfinder here.
    Not even sure about the setup of XMLTV to be honest..... :(

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Italy Italy
    I can confirm this behaviour. This has been happening since before the release of Mediaportal 1.1.0. I do not remember the exact rc version though!
    If you wait for the xml importer to finish, the Tv setup starts responding again.

Thanks

Tgx

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    infinite.loop: please check this set of logs, it is the latest one.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    This has been the case for a while (certainly 1.1 rcs)
    Is this a bug or new feature though? It does work but locks up configuration whilst running

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    Is this a bug or new feature though? It does work but locks up configuration whilst running
    If you ask me, then this is a bug since the main application "freezes" without an indication that something is done.

Can you please mantis it?
    We need a proper import-progress indicator. :)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    Thanks everyone and special thanks to Chris! I didnt expect this to be taken so seriously! :D

A little off-topic, but I noticed the dll in this release state version 1.1.5.0, not 1.2.0. It this something to be reported separately?

Users who are viewing this thread