TV Server crashes or drops connection--also cannot pull up TV Guide (1 Viewer)

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
October 25, 2015
Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This morning, after working with mm remotely for several hours last night, I TRIED to run MP 1.14.0--only to have the TV server either crash or drop its connection! I was also unable to pull up the TV Guide. When I attempted to run the TV Configurator, I got an error message saying that the machine actively refused the connection! HELP!!

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    2.3 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

It looks like the problems come back to MySQL, again. :(
    "7/3/2016 10:13:11 AM";"Service Control Manager";"(0)";"Error";"The MySQL service hung on starting.";"3221232494"
    "7/3/2016 10:13:11 AM";"Service Control Manager";"(0)";"Error";"The TVService service depends on the MySQL service which failed to start because of the following error: %%1070";"3221232473"
    "7/3/2016 10:14:41 AM";"Service Control Manager";"(0)";"Error";"The MySQL service hung on starting.";"3221232494"
    "7/3/2016 10:14:41 AM";"Service Control Manager";"(0)";"Error";"The TVService service depends on the MySQL service which failed to start because of the following error: %%1070";"3221232473"

Don't start uninstalling and reinstalling stuff - it won't help, and in fact may make the problem worse.

First try rebooting the PC. If that doesn't help, I'd be willing to connect into your PC again and take a look.

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2015
    Home Country
    The only thing I uninstalled was IOBit Uninstaller, which you had recommended. I then defragged my hard drive with IOBit Smart Defrag, which I have used for more than a year without any problems. Finally, I used IOBit Advanced Smart Care to get rid of junk files and re=optimize my internet connection. Again, I have used this program for some time without noticing any difficulties. I'm just getting ready to fix dinner, but after that, I'll be ready to slug out this mess once again. BTW, I noticed that a new version of MP1 has just been released. Should i try upgrading to that first?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Finally, I used IOBit Advanced Smart Care to get rid of junk files and re=optimize my internet connection.
    <sigh>
    Sounds like it could be the culprit. :(

I'm just getting ready to fix dinner, but after that, I'll be ready to slug out this mess once again.
    Sorry, I've only just arrived home after being out all afternoon. As far as I know now, I'll be available tomorrow (in 12 hours).

BTW, I noticed that a new version of MP1 has just been released. Should i try upgrading to that first?
    It won't help with this problem.
    We can update MP to 1.15 after this problem has been sorted out.

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I went ahead and uninstalled Advanced System Care, then defragged. I then tried running MP 1 again, hoping against hope for an improvement, but no luck. One odd thing, though: When I ran the Watchdog utility to gather and zip up the log files, MP 1 started all by itself! Is it supposed to do that?

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
      Screenshot (8).png
      2.3 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I ran the Watchdog utility to gather and zip up the log files, MP 1 started all by itself! Is it supposed to do that?
    You probably selected either option 1 or 2 rather than the last radio button.

I then tried running MP 1 again, hoping against hope for an improvement, but no luck.
    This looks like insufficient access privileges. Deactivate firewalls on both machines and try again. If things work, switch on the firewall on the server machine and try again. If access then fails, you need to manually adjust the firewall rules. But give it a try first to see if it's related to the firewall.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No wonder that you receive above connection error: the TV Server is not running as you can see from the error message thrown by your TV Server configuration..

[2016-07-04 11:28:31,597] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - ---- start tvservice----
    [2016-07-04 11:29:36,625] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] - ServiceHelper: Starting TvService failed. Please check your installation.

From what I see the server cannot be started because MySQL is not available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom