TV-Server DVB-IP card scrambled channel problem (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    in theory I can add similar functionality into MPEG2 TS parser of new IPTV filter.
    This would not be desirable. There are IPTV streams which are really encrypted, and it would not be right to just mark them as free.

could you point to the lines in log where people from openpli can see that their software not doing that what it was intended to do? Maybe then they can see their error
    There are no specific log lines to point to. It is the fact that certain lines are missing that tells me that the stream is encrypted.
    Perhaps a better way to do this would be to collect a small TS dump for analysis:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/4_Development/Debugging/TS_Dumps

Even 10 seconds should be enough.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    in theory I can add similar functionality into MPEG2 TS parser of new IPTV filter.
    This would not be desirable. There are IPTV streams which are really encrypted, and it would not be right to just mark them as free.
    I was thinking about option to force not encrypted/encrypted flag and also about option to not modify this flag (default case).

Franzkovic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2009
    Hey guys,

thanks for not giving up on this topic :)

Maybe I can contribute a little more info. I saved a short free stream and a short scrambled stream TS with VLC. Afterwards I analyzed it with MPEG-2 TS packet analyser.

Please see the results attached. From the pictures it looks like the paytv screen also comes with "Transport scrambling control" set to zero. I dont know much about ts headers but it looks like the stream is flagged as free to air? If it is of any help I could also provide the ts files for download so you can check yourself?

If they are just marked as free they still would not be viewable because they are still encrypted right? So yoiur concern is more from a design point of view?

Attachments

• stream_free.png
      stream_free.png
      89.1 KB
    • streem_scrambled.png
      streem_scrambled.png
      123.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Franzkovic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2009
    I just created a dump with
    @Franzkovic I hope that you still have that TS stream. Can you check in MPEG-2 TS packet analyzer if there is some TS packet with PID 1 (tick PID, enter 1 into text box and press blue right triangle icon (Go to next packet))?

ahhhh ... very good ... after doing like you suggested I see that "transport scrambling control" is indeed set to 3 instead of 0

So I guess I have to ask the guys at openpli to fix this :cautious:

@georgius I would greatly appreciate if you could include something like "ignore scrambling flag" radiobox into the IPTV Filter nevertheless :)

just fyi I have put the streams on dropbox as well as the mp ts dumps: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ep2wiuwbovuor8/AAAM-gwZ3PBch2sJ4NbbDi6Ga?dl=0

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I think that this is caused by 4 CA descriptors in PMT referencing to CA PID 0x18BA, 0x1BBA, 0x1FBA and 0x1ABA, but none TS packet with such PID is in stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom