TV-Server DVB-IP card scrambled channel problem (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think that this is caused by 4 CA descriptors in PMT referencing to CA PID 0x18BA, 0x1BBA, 0x1FBA and 0x1ABA, but none TS packet with such PID is in stream.
    Do you mean for OpenPLI? ...because those PMT descriptors make no difference for TV Server, except when scanning.
    For TV Server timeshifting/recording the block is that the "transport scrambling control" field for the video and audio packets is always 0b11.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    If @mm1352000 said that CA descriptors in PMT has no effect on timeshifting/recording, then problem is surely in "transport scrambling control" bits, which have to be set to 0b00 - OpenPLI bug.

Franzkovic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2009
    looks like I am out of luck :(

Here is what openpli is saying to the issue:
    The decryption (well, actually descrambling...) is done in hardware and the hardware is also responsible for clearing the "scrambling" bits. I've seen a few stb's that don't do this correctly, at least VU+. Do you have a VU+ stb? It has nothing to do with either enigma2 or OpenPLi. [...]
    Scramble control bits = 0b11 means odd key in use for this packet. If no encryption (scrambling) is in place, it should be 0b00. This is one of the reasons why VU+ stb's cannot decode offline, because the descrambler cannot determine what packets are already descrambled.

So in other words I would have to buy a different receiver o_O

Maaaaaybe some of you guys would be indeed be so kind to include the "feature" to just ignore the "transport scrambling control". I understand that it is not ideal from a design point of view but this is my only hope to keep using mp :love: instead of having to switch to the ugly set top box interface :sick:

I could also write a tutorial on how to use mediaportal in combination with an enigma2 stb (vu+,dreambox, etc). Maybe this would be of some use for others unless I am the only one who is interested in this :D
    Let me know if there is interest ... evenhough it's just working with fta channels atm unfortunately (see above :p)

Cheers
    and thanks for your support so far anyways (y)

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    looks like I am out of luck :(

Here is what openpli is saying to the issue:
    The decryption (well, actually descrambling...) is done in hardware and the hardware is also responsible for clearing the "scrambling" bits. I've seen a few stb's that don't do this correctly, at least VU+. Do you have a VU+ stb? It has nothing to do with either enigma2 or OpenPLi. [...]
    Scramble control bits = 0b11 means odd key in use for this packet. If no encryption (scrambling) is in place, it should be 0b00. This is one of the reasons why VU+ stb's cannot decode offline, because the descrambler cannot determine what packets are already descrambled.

So in other words I would have to buy a different receiver o_O

Maaaaaybe some of you guys would be indeed be so kind to include the "feature" to just ignore the "transport scrambling control". I understand that it is not ideal from a design point of view but this is my only hope to keep using mp :love: instead of having to switch to the ugly set top box interface :sick:

I could also write a tutorial on how to use mediaportal in combination with an enigma2 stb (vu+,dreambox, etc). Maybe this would be of some use for others unless I am the only one who is interested in this :D
    Let me know if there is interest ... evenhough it's just working with fta channels atm unfortunately (see above :p)

Cheers
    and thanks for your support so far anyways (y)

Hi, i too use a VU+ connected to my MP and viewing chanels with IPTV and i don't have this problem. After scanning my M3U file, I set the flag "ischannelfree" in the MySQL database.

Hope that can help ..

Cheers, and sorry for my poor english

Franzkovic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2009
    thank you ... I am not using a VU+ but a Venton set top box. So it seems to be a hardware issue indeed :(

Franzkovic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2009
    ok ... I would like to keep the thread updated for what I have done to "hack" the issue just in case anyone ever experiences something similar.

Thanks to @rsenden and his VODServer (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/vodserver-watch-internet-streams-as-tv-channels.121732/) I am feeding MP TVServer with a demuxed and remuxed stream. I have changed the "vod-services-common.xml" as follows:

Code:
    <entry key="ffmpegOutputParams" value="-vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mpegts -"/>

FFmpeg just passes the stream onto MP's IPTV Card. But by doing so the "transport scrambling control" header is gone :)

I have yet to test it for a longer timeframe but so far it seems to be working pretty good.

mike1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have samo config and problems like you.
    Does the VODServer work for you?
    Could you please give me an example of the m3u you use for channel scan in tv Server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom