[solved] Tv Server Fails to 'Preview' - Clients Fail to Display Tuned Channel (1 Viewer)

nolanmedia

Portal Member
April 8, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi all, I've just rebuilt my TV server and had nothing but heartache... finally back to where I can scan for channels and am stumped at this: all channels scan fine but when I go to preview no window appears even though the Manual Control page indicates the tuner is time shifting. Clients are the same boat - appear to tune but nothing happens. Have performed a full clean and reinstall of MediaPortal with the same behaviour.

PC Specs:
MP 1.8
XP Professional SP3 with all updates (aware not supported but still hoping)
Dell 4600 P4 3.6
3gb RAM
Radeon 9550 AGP
Hauppauge HVR - 1600 analog, QAM tuner

Logs are attached. The nearest to errors I can find in these have not yielded me any answers when searched.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

XP Professional SP3 with all updates (aware not supported but still hoping)
    In case you aren't aware, "no support" means we don't make any commitment to help people who have problems running MP on it, or continue development (fixing, new features) in such a way that MP will continue to work on XP. With that being said, at this point MP does still work fine on XP (I can say this because I use XP myself) and I'm happy to try to help you. :)

but when I go to preview no window appears even though the Manual Control page indicates the tuner is time shifting.
    Here is the reason:
    [collapse]
    [2014-08-28 19:07:58,406] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {B9559486-E1BB-45D3-A2A2-9A7AFE49B23F} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    at SetupTv.Sections.Player.Play(String fileName, Form form)
    at SetupTv.Sections.FormPreview.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
    at SetupTv.Sections.TvChannels.mpButtonPreview_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)[/collapse]

It means that TsReader is not registered/installed. TsReader is the vital component that MediaPortal relies on to play live TV and recordings. If you don't have it installed then you're also not going to be able to preview.
    1. Did you install with admin privileges?
    2. Does this PC also have MediaPortal installed on it?
      • If yes, please check if there is a TsReader.ax in the MediaPortal install folder (typically C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal).
      • If no, please check if there is a TsReader.ax in the TV Server install folder (typically C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server).

Clients are the same boat - appear to tune but nothing happens.
    Can't speak for clients without log files from clients.

Regards,
    mm

nolanmedia

Portal Member
    April 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks mm -
    I've had a chance to follow-up on this and unfortunately am no further.
    1. Installed dedicated server as admin and the Ts files are present.
    2. I did a full cleanup and reinstall of server & client package this time to see if that would make a difference. The log file is still showing the same error...

Appreciate any further thoughts....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    and the Ts files are present.
    To be clear: this means TsReader.ax is present?
    If so, please do the following as administrator:
    1. Click start.
    2. Select "run...".
    3. Type "cmd" and click OK.
    4. Type cd "c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" (ie. this should be the path to the folder where TsReader.ax is) and press enter.
    5. Type regsvr32 TsReader.ax.
    6. After step 5 there should be a success or fail message. Please take a screenshot of that and post it here.
    7. If step 5 is successful, try to reopen MediaPortal and/or TV Server configuration and try preview again.
    8. Post fresh log files after step 7 if it still fails.
    Thanks,
    mm

nolanmedia

Portal Member
    April 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    TsReader.ax is present in the MediaPortal folder. TsWriter.ax is present in the TvServer folder.
    Tried as instructed in the command line and failed with attached error displayed.
    Cheers -

Attachments

• regsvr error.JPG
      regsvr error.JPG
      88.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

nolanmedia