TV Server is combining streams with same name in to single channel (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

TV Server appears to be combining a number of seperate channels that happen to have the same name in to a single channel with all the tuning details combined. For example, Sky Box Office (NZ) consists of 12 individual channels all named 'Sky Box Office'. They all have different SIDs and other network stuff, they just happen to share the same name.

My questions is this: Is there any way to force the TV Server to split these channels up in to individual ones as the only way I have found so far is to actually copy the tuning details in to notepad and re-create the new channel. Would save some time and also stop Prime on Sky and freeview from being combined too!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hiya Benoire

Can you please explain what you mean in a little more detail?
    I've got 13 separate Sky Box office channels which were created by a normal channel scan.
    Are you saying that when you scan, TV Server creates one channel with 13 tuning details?
    My Primes (Freeview HD, Freeview Sat and Sky x3) don't get combined either...

mm

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey mate,

That is exactly it. Since the Olypmics has ended and Sky has gone back to the normal channel TS's etc, I've had to rescan (and annoyingly renumber all my channels... bring on LCN stuff!) which in turn has combined them all in to one. Everytime I scan, I get all for TVNZ TV Ones together, all the primes together, including free to air and encrypted, same with box office. I'm trying to upload a screen grab of the TV Server showing a single Sky Box Office channel and then it showing all the tuning details but I'm having difficulty! I'll try it in a new post below.[DOUBLEPOST=1345029731][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Capture.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is not at all how TV Server scans - I can't think of any way that TV Server would combine channels like that unless you (1) have done it yourself manually or (2) have a non-standard modification (DJBlu or miroslav22's EPG grabber???) installed. If anything, TV Server would create duplicates or overwrite one channel with another, not combine channels (add tuning details). Can you please check and report the transport stream ID, original network ID and service ID (TSID, ONID and SID) on a couple of the Sky Box Office tuning details (edit channel, then edit tuning detail to see these details).

Cheers,
    mm

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey MM.

I am currently using DJBlu's modifications BUT even with standard install (no mods or plugins) it would still do the same issue, this is why I considered it to be normal!

So I don't screw up my current install and therefore the girlfriend acceptance factor (already kinda low due to me tinkering!) is there anyway to run MP and the TV server as a seperate install to my main without running a virtual instance?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So I don't screw up my current install and therefore the girlfriend acceptance factor (already kinda low due to me tinkering!) is there anyway to run MP and the TV server as a seperate install to my main without running a virtual instance?
    Unfortunately not... although you could start a new TV database if you run SetupTv.exe with the /configure-db flag.

Hmmmm. I wonder. You tried 4TR too didn't you? Could you please do me a huge favour. Could you:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Delete all the files in there.
    4. Go to the "manual control" section of TV Server configuration.
    5. Click "stop service"... then "start service".
    6. Do a full scan of Optus D1.
    7. Provide me with the tv.log file.

Something is not right here. Like I said above: TV Server just doesn't combine channels from a default scan. It either overwrites existing ones or creates duplicates.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah I was using 4therecord but encountered difficulties in general. To be honest, I was only using it for the advanced scheduling as I felt that MP TV Server was more confusing in that respect, but I much prefer the TV server for all other tasks...

Anyway I can do this, I'll save out the channels so I don't lose them and do it again... I would be interested to know if it is the TV server modification... For example, on the sky box the box office have names such as 201, 202 etc but when I scan I just get Sky Box Office... So all 12 are called Sky Box Office and not 201 202 etc... But if in the UK each channel has a unique name then perhaps that is why it hasn't been picked up by DJBlu... I'll investigate and post logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah I was using 4therecord but encountered difficulties in general. To be honest, I was only using it for the advanced scheduling as I felt that MP TV Server was more confusing in that respect, but I much prefer the TV server for all other tasks...
    One of the things I want to check in the logs is to make sure that 4TR hasn't replaced one of the TV Server core files - that would be a real big no-no.

Anyway I can do this, I'll save out the channels so I don't lose them and do it again...
    Cheers.

I would be interested to know if it is the TV server modification... For example, on the sky box the box office have names such as 201, 202 etc but when I scan I just get Sky Box Office... So all 12 are called Sky Box Office and not 201 202 etc...
    The channel names in the stream are definitely "SKY Box Office". The 201, 202 etc. are probably logical channel numbers.
    At present it seems like TV Server is not picking up the LCNs for our satellite streams. At least it isn't for Freeview. I get them for Freeview HD though. Reason seems to be that we're not looking in the right place in the stream. I'm working on a solution for this.

But if in the UK each channel has a unique name then perhaps that is why it hasn't been picked up by DJBlu... I'll investigate and post logs.
    It is possible that DJBlu has changed the channel scanning mechanism to do this, but I'd be a little surprised as grouping channels by name is not the most reliable way of identifying identical channels. I note that I haven't tried his plugin as I don't have Sky and therefore have no need for it...

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm currently using DJblus 1.3A version of TVserver and client, did a complete uninstall and re-install after 4TR but I'll do this anyway, better to be safe than sorry... Also 4TR DB was on MS SQL Express where as MP is on MySQL.... As Freeview HD is DVB-T I'd imagine there is a difference in the TS streams from D1?

The Sky plugin doesn't actually sort or create channel lists or numbers, I still have to manually do each channel number once scanned and create the groups. I just wondered whether UK SKy has uniquie numbers or names and the ones here don't so his mod gets a litle confused.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As Freeview HD is DVB-T I'd imagine there is a difference in the TS streams from D1?
    Yes there is. For some reason (possibly to allow channel or information sharing with Sky) they put logical channel numbers and network information in the bouquet association table (BAT) for Freeview Sat; this stuff is in the network information table (NIT) for Freeview HD. TV Server currently doesn't look at the BAT, hence the problem.

The Sky plugin doesn't actually sort or create channel lists or numbers, I still have to manually do each channel number once scanned and create the groups. I just wondered whether UK SKy has uniquie numbers or names and the ones here don't so his mod gets a litle confused.
    Pass. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom