TV Server Konfiguration: MP1.2.1.0 und TeVii S480 receiving problem (1 Viewer)

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
AW: TV Server Konfiguration: MP1.2.1.0 und TeVii S480 receiving problem

Merged threads, please do not crosspost it causes excess work for us.

Ok!

Is the logfile ok?

Is it true, that the S480 has also a problem with waking up fron S3/S4? I heard something about that ...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: TV Server Konfiguration: MP1.2.1.0 und TeVii S480 receiving problem

Is the logfile ok?
    Yes it is okay... *very* long, but okay.

According to the log you have 138 successful tunes and 320 failures - the failure rate is very high. Since there are 1700 continuity errors in your TsWriter logs I would think that your signal quality is not very good. Check your dish alignment and cabling.

One further point: don't use preview for testing. If you haven't got the codec merits on your system organised properly then the video may show as black and/or the audio may not work. That does not mean that the channels are not working - it just means that your system is not well configured. For reliable results, set up your codec preferences in the TV codecs section of MP configuration and test the channels in MP.

Is it true, that the S480 has also a problem with waking up fron S3/S4? I heard something about that ...
    Some people have reported problems with the s480 v1.x, but not with v2.x. I have a v2.0 card and I have no problem with it. Having said that, I have not tested it heavily because there is no permanent space for it in my PC.

mm

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    AW: TV Server Konfiguration: MP1.2.1.0 und TeVii S480 receiving problem

your signal quality is not very good

The TeVii Software shows good values: http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannt2ed42.jpg

The bars in MP show much less. But: In the TeVii Software all Chanels run without errors. They start quick and stabel.

I think, the values in the lower right corner of the TeVii Software in the picture above show the quality (it looks so). The level in the Picture are not bad ...

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    I have found the Problem!

The Problem was .... me :-((

The Card has 2 Inputs. The HTPC is standing on my Workbench and I have connected only the first Input. Here is only one Sat- Kabel/Connection. I configured in MP the first upper Entry card. But this was the second input. What I've seen is the crosstalk from the other channel ... I thought about this on my way home ...

Now I've started the other Entry and MP found 565 new chanels. But also 272 chanels were updated?

http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannt119xwj.jpg , http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannt2jpzxc.jpg

I have not controlled all chanels now, but for example, ARD-HD work now!

Here are the logs from the last session:

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    The TeVii S480 does not work with XP-SP3. During Resume from S4 the PC freezes. I have now a Digital Devices Cine S2 V6. Till now it looks good.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Mr. Bean

Thanks for reporting. Please make sure you also report the problem to TeVii's support department so that they can attempt to fix it. Like us, they can't fix problems they don't know about. ;)

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom