TV-Server on Windows Server 2012 Issue (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok cool good to know. Is there any chance you can upload the BDA fixes here? I had trouble finding ones that worked ok as it didn't seem to want to copy a number of files across.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Attachments

• serverbda+files.zip
      4.2 MB

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Guys,

I have a WS 2012 Essentials as TV-Server, DVB-C. No Issues so far, pretty much out of the box. Since you are pros, a couple of questions:

1) I have one server and 2 clients, I am considering using the WSE as client itself. Would work? (DXVA, etc.,)
    2) With Standard R2, can I just enable Essentials? (no seperate BDA installation needed? (similar to Essentials))

Any other known issues with this configuration?

Thanks and sorry for hijacking this thread ;o)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ediaportal-on-windows-2008-r2-x64-only.81774/

there's a link in there to Marphy's Blog which has the needed files/explanation, and works fine on Server 2012.

Attached you'll find the same file, but after i grabbed the files from my Win 8 x64 system (which you need for Server 2012).
    So you only need to run server_bdasetup.bat on your Server 2012 to enable it.
    Thanks @HomeY Did you find that you had a number of access denied errors when installing, even with admin rights?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks HomeY Did you find that you had a number of access denied errors when installing, even with admin rights?
    Oef.. that's a pretty long time ago, but i think it showed that on a couple of files.

run "Setup BDA.bat" on your server as administrator! (right click bat and choose "run as administrator") This is important! There could be some access denied errors but you can ignore them, because these file existed already.
    After the next restart it should work without problems!

Seems normal ;)

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perfect :) I've now got a full ESXi virtualised setup and I am slowly setting up MP again and I want to make sure it is all correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom