TV-Server on Windows Server 2012 Issue (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You'd think so, but in my experience VMs can be troublesome in unexpected ways. Besides, you won't be able to use localhost for the DB connection as TV service forbids it (use of localhost causes problems in multi-seat environments).

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok. Changed from localhost to ip in the gentle config. setup tv i still not opening but i got more logfiles this time. Seems like it has problems with BDA

Attachments

• TVService-Error.zip
      3.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh, the TV service is not actually successfully starting - no wonder TV Server configuration can't connect/open.
    You're right - those are BDA errors. You're missing the ATSC tuning space. Are you sure you have essentials?

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Installed the BDA drivers pack and now it works :)

I guess enabling essentials is NOT enough

Edit:

I should add that you also need to enable "Media Foundation" to be able to install Mediaportal. If you do not enable that option the MediaPortal installer is prompting for you to install WMP11 for XP

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry to raise this from the dead. Do you suffer from any errors with HD channels in Server 2012? I found that only Argus Recorder was able to record/timeshift correctly HD channels without continuity errors, and even then it only worked in Server 2012 Essentials not standard. Is there a known issue with Server 2012?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found that only Argus Recorder was able to record/timeshift correctly HD channels without continuity errors, and even then it only worked in Server 2012 Essentials not standard. Is there a known issue with Server 2012?
    I've been running with Server 2012 for almost a year now without big issues. I do have some hickups in my recordings now and then, but i don't except the OS to be the cause, since that's a more recent issue.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @HomeY Is that Server 2012 standard with the BDA fixes or Essentials?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom