TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (1 Viewer)

Dirki

Portal Pro
July 28, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you, huha.

the tvserver tvwishlist plugin has a help button
OK, the help button of tvwishlist in the TV Server Configuration doesn't seem to be meant, it leads to MP help. I guess, there must be another one in the MP GUI.

Yes, if I find the checkbox I will send it by PM, thank you.

All of my wish lists I entered in TV Server Configuration in tvwishlist are disappeared, might that be caused by changing the skin, may to to one not supporting tvwishlist?

TheNoctambulist

Portal Member
January 27, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
TheNoctambulist, can you post the code which you used to generate this output? I am not familiar with the html email format. So it looks like it cannot be generated with the custom format?

I modified the source of TvWishlist to use the SmtpClient.Send overload that takes a MailMessage on which I set the IsBodyHtml property to true. I then set the following as the custom format:
HTML:
<h3 style="margin-bottom:0.5em">[{19}] {18} ({15})</h3>
{21}
<br />
<table>
<tr>
  <td style="vertical-align:top">Title:</td>
  <td style="vertical-align:top">{0}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td style="vertical-align:top">Desc:</td>
  <td style="vertical-align:top">{1}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td style="vertical-align:top">Channel:</td>
  <td style="vertical-align:top">{2}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td style="vertical-align:top">Start:</td>
  <td style="vertical-align:top">{3}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td style="vertical-align:top">End:</td>
  <td style="vertical-align:top">{4}</td>
</tr>
</table>

I don't have my laptop with the modified source at the moment, but I am happy to provide further details if necessary.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Testversion 1.3.0.6
Attached you will find a new version which contains Indonesian and Catalan language files, which i missed for the last release.

TheNoctambulist, I will think about including that in the main version, where the property will be send if the mail body starts with
<!--HTML-->

Attachments

• TvWishList.Ver.1.3.0.6.mpe1
    5 MB

TheNoctambulist

Portal Member
January 27, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Testversion 1.3.0.6
Attached you will find a new version which contains Indonesian and Catalan language files, which i missed for the last release.

TheNoctambulist, I will think about including that in the main version, where the property will be send if the mail body starts with
<!--HTML-->
That would be excellent, thanks.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have tried to look through all the posts to see exactly what TV Wishlist does but there are too many pages to do this now.

I would be really grateful for a quick summary of what, exactly, it is for.

Am I correct in thinking that you tell the pluin what to look for e.g. "Terminator 2" or "The Big Bang Theory S2E3" and then it will simply record it, should it appear in the EPG?

Also, is there a way for the plugin to determine whether a particular episode has already been recorded?

For example, I have been recording episodes of the Big Bang Theory and have various episodes earlier on missing - some of these recordings are in my MP recorded folder (i.e. the file name is unedited and it is with an XML file) and some have been edited with the file name S1E2 and are in a separate folder being monitored by MPTVSeries.

Can TVWishlist monitor both of these folders and decide whether it needs to record an episode that is missing or would I have to sort through all my recordings and tell it which ones to look out for e.g. S1E2, S4E5 etc?

Thanks

Alex

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Alex,
- a quick and a detailed description is in the manual (.pdf file). Look for the help button in the tv server plugin.

- yes, but you have to search for the EPG title "The Big Bang Theory" as it appears in your EPG data

- yes, but only if your EPG data contain this information

- separate folders are not detected. The plugin will only use recording records in the data base for detection. You can manually add additional files by creating a .xml file like it is generated by the tvserver for as recording and then import via Tvserver Configuration -> Recording -> Database Import. This will generate a new recording record in the database for each movie with a .xml file description.

- if your recording records have the episodenumber and series number information the plugin will recognize the missing ones

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a question/request about the recording of previous episodes...

I believe that the way this currently works is that it looks through your recorded TV folder and if the episode that is scheduled already exists in there, it won't record it again. However, if the episode was previously recorded and deleted, it will record it again. Is that correct?

If that is correct, I'd like to suggest that you keep a database or something of previously recorded shows. That way, if I delete a show, it won't re-record it. I don't want to have to keep previous episodes of a show that I've already watched, just so it doesn't record them again.

Or, (something that would require more work) I would love to only record first airings of a show. I don't care to record episodes of a show from last season or something like that. I just want to record new episodes. Obviously, this would need to be an option, not a mandatory thing because everybody wants different things.

I also tried doing some things in mySQL that would use the previously aired date from the tvguide.xml file, but couldn't figure out a good solution. For some reason, the functionality of importing the previously aired date was never put into MP, but the information is stored in the xml file. I tried to work with some table triggers that would update the column with the appropriate information, but kept running into limitations of mySQL (or my own limitations that I was blaming on mySQL. haha). I didn't want to go the route of building a full-blown plugin and was hoping to do things just in the database, but maybe with your plugin you'll be able to do more?

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but if it would be possible to only record things that I haven't already recorded or (ideally) only the first airing of the episode, that would be excellent!

Thanks a lot!

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
SkinsFan0521,
the plugin does not look through the folders, but uses the MP recording entries. Each time you record a TV show a recording entry is stored in the data base with title,filename, start,end, channel, episodenumber, seriesnumber, ...
This entries can be updated manaually in the Tvserver configuration section Recording->DatabaseImport.

If you check "Skip deleted entries" TvWishlist should remember if you have deleted a recording (check the manual for more explanations). This feature was to my knowledge not much used and additional testing would be good here. TvWishList has it´s own "database" and keeps track of deleted entries in the messages. You can read each message in the MP plugin if you filter for "all"

The first airing is not supported, but you can use filters for episodes and series numbers (check the manual)

I would have recommended you to try the SQL query, but you have done that already. if it is not supported in your EPG by MP I cannot do anything there.

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the detailed reply. I did read the manual before, but somehow missed the "skipped deleted" option. I just enabled it and I'll post back herehow it works.

Also, you mentioned about "if it is not supported in your EPG by MP"... do you mean that some EPG importers do import the firstairdate? If that's true, can you tell me which one(s)? I'd like to be able to use that feature, but I'm using xmltv and it apparently doesn't support that feature.

Thanks again!

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    If you check "Skip deleted entries" TvWishlist should remember if you have deleted a recording (check the manual for more explanations). This feature was to my knowledge not much used and additional testing would be good here. TvWishList has it´s own "database" and keeps track of deleted entries in the messages. You can read each message in the MP plugin if you filter for "all"

Deleted recording checking has not worked for me ever. What I did notice for this is that if I deleted a schedule and created a wish it would not record shows based on title. I assumed that this was the way it was supposed to work as I didn't notice any history of deleted recordings in the DB. Been I while since I've looked at this so memory might be fuzzy.

I've been using series/episode filters to avoid too much rerecording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom