TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (1 Viewer)

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
huhu,
sorry but I still don't understand what the email address in the account box is for. The email receiver address is where tvwishlist sends notifications to. Can tvwishlist receive emails too? For what? Is there still another feature that I don't know? Or is this email adress in the account box still a feature from your other plugin "emailscheduler"? Please don't call me stupid but I want to understand.

Thanks olli14

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
olli14,
on the left side of the email settings you need to specify the user information for your sending account. This account will then be used by the plugin to send the found program listings. The plugin needs to know the account and password in order to send the emails. On the right side (email receiver) you need to specify the email address to which the plugin will send the found program listings.

itm

Portal Pro
October 15, 2005
I'm trying out TVWishlist 1.2.06 on MP v1.1.3, and am having problems getting any recordings to happen.

I set up a test for a partial title of "match of the day" a couple of days before the programme was scheduled, but it didn't get recorded when the programme aired last night. My EPG data was fullly up to date, and showed Match of the Day correctly on BBC1 last night.

I'm also having problems setting up the email feature. I run an SMTP server on my LAN (which is already being used by my Tivo). When I set this up in TVWishlist my test email doesn't arrive and I see an error message "the specified string is not in the form required for an email address".

I attach screenshots of my settings, and also my tv.log.

???

Attachments

• tvw1.png
    tvw1.png
    47.5 KB
  • tvw3.png
    tvw3.png
    42.8 KB
  • email.png
    email.png
    209.3 KB
  • tv.zip
    20.1 KB

hounddog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2008
    Para Hills SA
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, Brilliant plugin !!!
    it is so useful, one thing tho can you set it so that when a program is recorded / saved could it adhere to the settings set in TV server for file saving
    ie: custom paths and file names.

Really, Keep up the good work, I have been using this for along time now !!!!!
    cheers :)

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Itm,
    I just came back home and saw in your log file
    2011-03-06 10:52:25.909100 [(4)]: Fatal Error: Email with subject TvWishList on MEDIACENTRE sent to ian@ianmanning,com
    2011-03-06 10:52:25.909100 [(4)]: Exception message is The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.

It looks like you have a typo and need to use a "." instead of a "," in ian@ianmanning,com

Please try again after changing this and click in options "verbose debug" If the recording does not work post your log file again.

hounddog, to be honest, this looks like a major change which I do not have the time right now, but I will keep it in mind for the future.

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    Itm,
    I just came back home and saw in your log file
    2011-03-06 10:52:25.909100 [(4)]: Fatal Error: Email with subject TvWishList on MEDIACENTRE sent to ian@ianmanning,com
    2011-03-06 10:52:25.909100 [(4)]: Exception message is The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.

It looks like you have a typo and need to use a "." instead of a "," in ian@ianmanning,com

Please try again after changing this and click in options "verbose debug" If the recording does not work post your log file again.

Thanks for checking the logs. I've since corrected the spelling mistake, but still get the same message about "The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address".

I do seem to have some scheduled recordings now though.

Does the attached (verbose) log give any clue as to what's wrong with my email settings? Does anyone know what the validation rules are for the various email fields?

Attachments

• tv.zip
      59.7 KB

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    itm,
    this looks like a bug in the plugin. I need more time for debugging and will post here once an update is available

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    itm,
    I checked the plugin, but could not find a bug. It works fine if i use a similar setting like you were posting in #193. Please make sure that for your second log file you did use exactly the same settings like shown in #193. This means iManning@ioxis.com for Emailaddress and imanning for username. Your logfile indicated a different setting.
    If this does not help it may be that the plugin is not supporting a local email server. I would try to register for a free email account and try again.

mcl

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2009
    AW: TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

Hi huh,

i've been testing your plugin for serval weeks now. so far everything has worked quite well. but sometimes i got some server issues.that means that the tv-server crashes sometimes. i first thought it could have something to do with some changes i did to the epg (i added the clickfinder plugin recently). last tuesday i again had this problem. then i recognized that i had wegepg and dvb epg configured for the channel anixe hd. and i found out that the frequencies for this channel weren't viable any more. so i changed this and since then i had no more crashes.

so i thought everything would be fine now. i don't know if you know gmps. this tool manages the suspend/wakeup events of my server and also displays the schedules. because the epg data of clickfinder delivers data for one week i always have schedules for 7 days :) today i opened gmps to check the next recordings and recognized that there were only schedules till next tuesday.

so i tried to check when tv wishlist last checked my epg data. and what i found out is that tv wishlist lost all my schedules! it's absolutely empty. nothing left. i had 15 schedules there. and it tool me a long time to configure them right.
    unfortunately i got no logs because this must has happend some day after tuesday 6:46pm. and the logs are created new every day. on tuesday at 6:46pm i received an e-mail with the new recordings for today (saturday) with boxing on rtl. thats it.

do you have any ideas what could have happend? i don't want to re-configure everything now and run into the same desaster soon. btw is there any chance to store the configuration so that one could restore it with one click in such a case?
    last question: since i'm not sure any more if those server crashes occured because of the epg issue or because of your plugin, have you ever heared about problems with your plugin concerning the tv-server?

hounddog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2008
    Para Hills SA
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hounddog, to be honest, this looks like a major change which I do not have the time right now, but I will keep it in mind for the future.

Thanks for your answer, I look forward to your next update.
    As i said before keep up the great! work.
    Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom