TV Server prevents manual standby (1 Viewer)

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, that's exactly the expected behavior.

You need to stop Live Tv before MP can go to standby. I setup a makro on my remote (Harmony One) which does this: "exit" - "Stop" - "exit": MP then is on Homescreen and will suspend after the setup time.

sorry, but no bug -> feature :)

cheers

joystick

Hello,

sorry but this feature does not work for me. I upgrade to 1.0.2 and since i cannot enter MP to sleep anymore, either with stopping live tv and go back home menu or enter manually into sleep. Furthermore, when i leave MP to go back to windows desktop i cannot enter as well into stanbye by the classic way (start menu -> stop -> sleep mode). I have to kill tvservice to make it work.
    It's a bug for me.
    might be, but also maybe not. Because for most of the people this seems to work ok.

so the only way for you to get assistance here, i guess, is to provide the logs.

cheers

joystick

spikk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I figured out a way to make go into standby when watching TV.

You need to make a bat file (cannot attach it here), write in notepad save it as kill.bat: taskkill /f /im tvservice.exe

Enable Power Scheduler for both the client and server and in the advanced tab on the server side power scheduler write in the commandline, for example "standby c:\kill.bat"

You need to have "reinitialize tvserver on wakeup" checked!

It kills the tvservice before standby and voila! it enters standby :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    You need to make a bat file (cannot attach it here), write in notepad save it as kill.bat: taskkill /f /im tvservice.exe

Much safer version of that command is "net stop tvservice". That way the process is not killed and you aren't having a risk with data corruption.

tortoise

Portal Member
    May 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Thanks for the tip, but I already found much better solution. I installed Windows Media Center and it works like a charm. No 15-seconds delays when changing channels, no random "Connection to TV Service lost" when watching TV, teletext works without any problems including all national characters, system goes to standby whenever I want etc...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thanks for the tip, but I already found much better solution. I installed Windows Media Center and it works like a charm. No 15-seconds delays when changing channels, no random "Connection to TV Service lost" when watching TV, teletext works without any problems including all national characters, system goes to standby whenever I want etc...

Good for you. I guess lot of other people are lucky as MP works for them :p

SloGuy

Portal Member
    July 11, 2009
    Home Country

Much safer version of that command is "net stop tvservice". That way the process is not killed and you aren't having a risk with data corruption.

Is this still the case?
    I would like my remote to put the system into standby with ONE press of the on-off button, while watching live tv.
    What would be the best way to configure this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom