TV Server service crashes when stopping live TV or changing a channel, but why? (1 Viewer)

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

The last few months our TV Server service became unstable. When stopping a TV stream of changing to another channel, the TV Server service sometimes crashes.

I can be very inconvenient when a recording is busy on another card, causing interruption of the recording and so on.

Some facts:

Mediaportal 1.18
    Windows 10 - Automatic Updates
    Intel NUC as PC
    Octopus.Net Dual Network tuner (hasn't been changed in the last year, so I doubt issues on that part)
    Last crash 25 December at 11.59

I've included full logs.

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The IPTV source log file which is normally included with Watchdog log files is not present in your log file set.
    Did you intentionally remove it?
    If yes... well, it makes it a bit difficult to help you, so I'd ask you to please reconsider.
    If no, please have a look for it in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm no I did not remove it, but now you mention it, I can remember that I disabled logging for this IPTV source part. Because the logging part of IPTV slowed down the starting and stopping of the streams.

I triple checked if there was anti-virus scanning causing this delay, but I ended up disabling the Windows Defender in the registry without effect.

I will enable the logging, but it will cause the delays (wife won't be happy haha).

Still don't know what is causing the logging issues on the IPTV part. I even did a reinstall a time ago, without results.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @mm1352000 Hmm I've enabled logging a few days ago. The performance is horrible again (slow start and slow stop of channels), but the TV Service does not crash anymore.

I suspect when I disable the logging again, everything will be fast again, but the crashes will start again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmm I've enabled logging a few days ago. The performance is horrible again (slow start and slow stop of channels)...
    What log level did you choose?
    Performance should be okay if you choose 1, 2, 3 or even 4. Expect performance limitations with 5 - it's only provided for debugging.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Logging 4 in this case, but it will become slow with setting 1 to. Only disabling will speed things up.

100% sure there are no virus scanners active / present.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok @mm1352000 I finally managed to do it.

Most of the time the file is not open / visible in the selection. I refreshed several time during starting and stopping a channel.

After dozens of tries and refreshes I managed to get TVService.exe as the process that was using MPIPTVSource.log. So it was using the file for a very short time, a few seconds. But when I stop the channel the channel freezes and during that freeze, the log file is in use. When the freeze stops and it goes back to the MP interface, the log file is released.

When refreshing again, it was gone.

I also tested if I was able to remove MPIPTVSource.log while the channel was playing and I was able to do so, so the file is not in use all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom