TV Server service crashes when stopping live TV or changing a channel, but why? (1 Viewer)

Sameritan

Portal Member
November 29, 2017
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I will give it a try and get back to you.
Thank you very much for your time and keep up the good work

Sameritan

Portal Member
November 29, 2017
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I checked TV codecs = all good
i saw a post about graphic card update causing some kind of problem.
so i rolled back to the earlier version of graphic card i had before the last update.
Problem solved.
IPTV channel change zaps in 2 seconds.
Thank you very much for you time.
I really appreciate your effort.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In addition to disabling plugins as previously described, you could try changing the log level to 0 (none) in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\MPIPTVSource.ini.
    In 1.19 this still helps / works.

While setting this to 0, the zap speeds are fast, but also instable. Also 1 (error) and 2 (warning) will speed up the starting and stopping of channels, but it will crash the TV-Server often.

Putting it to 3 (info) or 4 (verbose) will stop the TV-Service from crashing when zapping or stopping a TV-channel, but it slows it down significantly too.

To troubleshoot the crashing of the TV-Service while zapping or stopping a channel, I changed logging to setting 4. Ran months with setting 4, and no crashes at all. Today I changed it back to 0 (and 1 and 2) and everything was good and fast again, but immediately the crashing of the TV-Service started again when zapping or stopping a channel.

How is this crashing of the TV-server related to the log settings, @mm1352000 ? Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom