TV Server setup (1 Viewer)

Neil1454

Portal Member
October 25, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm at the part where I configure my TV Card.

Now, on the Tutorial I'm following it mentions about prioritisation.
My TV Card is a...
Black Gold BGT3620 PCI-E card.
http://shop.blackgold.tv/BGT3620

In the Cards list within MP. It shows also DvbC which I understand are for Cable which I don't have.
So I have removed the ticks to disable them and moved the two references to Cable, to the very bottom.

I only have one card installed. And MP is set to "1" card.
On the Black Gold site is says...

The BGT3620 is a premium multi-channel hybrid tuner, digital demodulator, analogue capture, intelligent remote PCI-express PCTV product, implemented on a miniature platform. The product is capable of receiving standard and high definition digital broadcast program content, including the new UK Freeview HD channels. It is designed to transform a personal computer into a high-end audio video entertainment system, supporting external video streams and worldwide HD broadcast streams.

Hardware receiver support - Analogue terrestrial (PAL, NTSC, CECAM), dual digital terrestrial including both DVB-T and DVB-T2, dual digital cable DVB-C.

So the card does dual tuners for Digital TV (FreeView here in the UK).

Do I need to change the number of cards to "2" and arrange it in any way order wise?

I've attached a picture of the current layout in cards.

Untitled.jpg

Can anyone please advise?

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Neil,

I can only comment on my own setup. I have three, dual tuner cards. One is a DVB-S/S2 and the other two are just DVB-T only (no T2 tuner yet).

For me, many of the Freesat channels are also duplicates of the Freeview channels, so it makes more sense for me to put the DVB-T tuners higher up the priority list, so they will get chosen first for streaming or recording. Only when specific Freesat channels are needed, such as the CBS ones or HD channels, will the DVB-S card come into play, for recordings the DVB-T cards will be checked first to see if tuners are available.

From the look of your set up you seem to have only 2 tuners available id's 4&5 (not sure what tuners id 6 & 7 are - they seem to be listed as DVB-T, but it also shows DVBC :confused: ). Your priorities seem the same as mine.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    When you say mp says it has 1 card are you reading the Number of IPTV cards box by accident?

All you need to do is click on each of the 2 dvb-t listed under MediaBox-pc on the side navigation of your screenshot above and scan for channels. These are your 2 tuners.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    You have one card installed, but it has 2 tuners on the one card. You can see from the list that your tuners can work in DVB-C mode, DVB-T mode or DVB-T (MCE) mode, so you get 3 pairs of tuners (you can ignore the IPTV, Analogue and RadioWebStream since they are not part of DVB-T/T2 tuning).

In the UK you will only use the tuners labelled up as priority 8 and 7 in the picture you posted.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I presume that these are just different drivers to connect to the same hardware specifically designed for MCE. With that said, I don't know for sure and I have only had a BGT card myself for about 2 weeks, so I haven't worked it out yet (although I have tuned by non-MCE tuners and they worked fine).

Robbo100

Neil1454

Portal Member
    October 25, 2012
    Home Country

I've been looking at the 3650
    A Quad card. Looks very nice. But I've heard it does come with it's share of problems.. is this the card you have robbo100?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I have the 3600, which, if I am honest, has had some stability problems since I got it (but I think I am out of the woods now).

Although many of my problems were likely to be due to my own ineptitude rather than anything else.

Neil1454

Portal Member
    October 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Would be great for you to share any problem solving findings mate.

I have the 3620 But I'm looking to return it for the 3650.. I'm just checking with Scan.co.uk to ensure they have
    new stocks.

BTW - your tutorial is fab!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom