TV Server setup (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you just tried tuning in tuners 5-8 and disabling the rest in the list?

Neil1454

Portal Member
    October 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi,

This card has 4 tuners.

But it's not going to be used for Cable. It's for Terrestrial TV from the outside roof areal.
    I took a look at the guide. Some what confusing unless it's because it's aimed towards Cable?

If I launch the DigitalDevices configurator.. and the guide says to tick DVB-C.. but is that not cable TV?
    Anyhow, I saved and rebooted. But the "Common Interface Module" is not highlighted to be able to click it. It's greyd out.

The only options I have no matter if I select DVB-C or DVB-T is "Transponderlist MediaCenter" & "Configure CT Tuner".

Options... "Single cable reception (EN-50494" and "Common Interface Module" are both greyed out.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

That is a shite load of "tuners" - Welcome to the world of hybrid tuners lol

There is no harm in having that many...simply untick the ones you dont want.

Try just enabling the DVBT ones...move them up to the highest priority...try a scan with them

J.

Neil1454

Portal Member
    October 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Maybe as part of the install I also installed drivers for satellite and also other unneeded drivers as part of the software install. The language is in german. So I just pressed the NEXT button till done.[DOUBLEPOST=1351717475][/DOUBLEPOST]OK - I think I've sorted this right...

newone.jpg

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

That looks better.

I would disable the IPTV Filter (and move down) as I dont believe you will be needing that (not here in the UK)

Is the DD card the only card you have in the system now??

J.

Neil1454

Portal Member
    October 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi there,

That looks better.

I would disable the IPTV Filter (and move down) as I dont believe you will be needing that (not here in the UK)

Is the DD card the only card you have in the system now??

J.

Yes mate.. just that card.

I removed the BlackGold and manually removed the drivers as per what their site said to remove the drivers.
    To keep any false reporting of devices at bay.

Does there look to be a problem in the list?

Neil1454

Portal Member
    October 25, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm curious as to the 7231 devices???

J.

Yer, that's strange I'd removed all the BlackGold drivers.
    But if you look on page 1 of this thread. The first post I made was with the Black Gold card installed. And those look to be references from that card?

Also on the BlackGold site they say to delete all drivers in the Windows folder starting with 11317231* which is what I did.
    But those numbers match to the last part of that number "7231"... so it looks like it's not gone completely?[DOUBLEPOST=1351721927][/DOUBLEPOST]I would like to get rid of them though. So the install and set up is CLEAN.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

The devices you see in the TVServer window are read from the TVServer database... they are created when TVServer detects the hardware/drivers.

It looks like TVServer has not removed the entries...even though the card/drivers are not installed.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom