TV Server setup (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The card related problems I had were discussed on this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/unable-to-play-stream2-0.113286/page-3 from post 21 onwards.

@Jay_UK has a good point, that there are probably other cards which are more stable, unless you have the need to have something more extreme (which the BGT range does achieve).

Basically, if you want something simple that just works, then don't get a BGT, but if you have extreme requirements (e.g. quad tuners on one card), then BGT are the only real option. Their products are lovely (beautifully made and packaged), but they sometimes lack in the driver and customer service department (IMHO).

If you are in the UK and want some setup support, my setup guide may help. I am planning on rolling this out on the MediaPortal Wiki, but I have been too busy lately, so progress has been dissapointingly slow :oops: (sorry team): http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-pcs/1602323-mediaportal-setup-guide.html

Robbo100

Neil1454

Portal Member
    October 25, 2012
    Home Country
    The card related problems I had were discussed on this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/unable-to-play-stream2-0.113286/page-3 from post 21 onwards.

@Jay_UK has a good point, that there are probably other cards which are more stable, unless you have the need to have something more extreme (which the BGT range does achieve).

Basically, if you want something simple that just works, then don't get a BGT, but if you have extreme requirements (e.g. quad tuners on one card), then BGT are the only real option. Their products are lovely (beautifully made and packaged), but they sometimes lack in the driver and customer service department (IMHO).

If you are in the UK and want some setup support, my setup guide may help. I am planning on rolling this out on the MediaPortal Wiki, but I have been too busy lately, so progress has been dissapointingly slow :oops: (sorry team): http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-pcs/1602323-mediaportal-setup-guide.html

Robbo100

Thanks...

So did you finally put an end to your problem then or did you just find a do'able work around that is not exactly a 100% fix?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I have found acceptable settings without work arounds.

All is working perfectly now.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    By extreme, I mean quad tuner, I think all those cards are dual only.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

They do a dual card (eg dual DVBS or dual DVBC/T)...then you can fit a dual DVBS or DVBC/T module to it...to make it a quad card (either 4 DVBS or a hybrid DVBS/C/T...etc)

You can even made an Octo tuner...using two physical slots...but a single PCIe slot.

Extreme to me... ;)

J.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I am just about to get (have now ordered :eek: ) two quad TBS cards. One is the DVB-T/T2 (TBS 6284) and the other is DVB-S/S2 (TBS 6984) - now showing a 10% discount offer - hmmmmm :)(y) . My existing TBS card has been absolutely rock solid and is fast too, so I have every confidence in them. I also understand TBS have been in touch with the MP devs too. :) (also, TBS have a great forum to sort any issues out)

Last edited:

Neil1454

Portal Member
    October 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi,

I decided to return my BlackGold Dual card and go with a Quad. Reason being that I might as well invest into a Quad now as I know it's the set up I want.
    I'm also not to keen on some of the negative stuff I'd been reading about the BG cards. They probably work fine, but decided to go with a DigitalDevice's card.

OK - So my DigitalDevice card arrived today... this is what I ordered...
    http://shop.digital-devices.de/epages/62357162.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62357162/Products/191203

I've installed the card. Powered it up using a floppy drive connector.
    I've installed the drivers (no CD came with it) from the website. Install was in german, could not find an english convertor.

So, with the drivers installed. I loaded up MP TV server config software.
    I get allot more options now... and I'm not sure there even in the right order.

chans.jpg

I loaded up the DVBCineConfig software and removed all the ticks apart from the "DVB-T" ones.
    I think this is correct?

chans2.jpg

However, this has not decreased the options within the MP cards list (as per above).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom