TV Server stops working after a while without error? (1 Viewer)

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
Hi,
since a longer time I observe that TV Server stops working after a while and I don't know why. There is no hint in system logfile and in MP Logs I didn't found anything??
So the system is running 7x24 a after restartung MP-Service everythings works well. Some minutes/hours later TVService has disapeared from taskmanager and I have to restart the service.
The only hint I found in MP logfiles was a problem with memory but several test with mem-test programs didn't founnd any errors??
So please have a look to my logs and find the problem, please.
Thx Ramu

Steps to Reproduce:
It's easy to reproduce on my system: Start MP, what some time and TV Serves has stoped working..

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Maybe is problem with EPG. Can you disable EPG grabbing and try if TV Service is not crashing?

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi,
    I had disabled EPG and TV-Service was running over night. BUT there was only the nebula card (DVB-T) still avaible not the technotrend DVB-S card. When clicking on a DVB-S channel I got "Ein unbekannter Fehler ist eingetreten" message ???

So I wanted to check if the stop option is set for this card, I tried to open the tv setup. While opening the menu I was only able to click the tree until the different cards was shown, then tvsetups hang. So I had to stop the service. Therfor I tried to use net stop command. But net stop wasn't able to stop; Errormessage: "Dienst konnte nicht gestoppt werden". So I used the taskmanager to kill the tvservice process.

Now everything is running, setup, DVB-T and DVB-S. But I don't know hw long??

ramu

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi,
    its me again...

I had toke only a few minutes for tv sercvie to get into the same wrong state?? I guess there is a problem at tv service while chancing to idle mode for the technotrend card? In former versions there was no problem at this...

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    And now I found the attached error on my server running tvserver...

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_7.jpg
      ScreenHunter_7.jpg
      16.4 KB

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Uderstand I correctly that with disabled EPG TV Service crashed? Can you attach logs?

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Yes, it crashed with EPG turned off. BUT after a complet reboot yersterday TV Server is still working with both cards today, so I will observe when or if tv server will stop the next time..

Do You have a idea about that problem?

Thx ramu

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Yes, it crashed with EPG turned off. BUT after a complet reboot yersterday TV Server is still working with both cards today, so I will observe when or if tv server will stop the next time..

Do You have a idea about that problem?

Thx ramu
    Maybe something was broken before you disabled EPG. Let me know is disabled EPG after restart helped.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Yes, reboot helped and the tv service is running since 24h..

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    So, I'm glad tv servier is still runing but EPG info is running out. So is there a solution how to get EPG functionality back without crashing tv server?

ramu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom