TV Server stops working after a while without error? (1 Viewer)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    You can use XMLTV or WebEPG plugins to get EPG working.

geichel

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, ramu!
    The randomly crash of your TV Server can also be a memory hardware problem. Your screenshot showed a typical error message for such a problem. Just to be sure I would suggest you to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. You can find it here:
    http://oca.microsoft.com/de/windiag.asp
    Regards,
    ge

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi, ramu!
    The randomly crash of your TV Server can also be a memory hardware problem. Your screenshot showed a typical error message for such a problem. Just to be sure I would suggest you to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. You can find it here:
    http://oca.microsoft.com/de/windiag.asp
    Regards,
    ge
    It is possible, but after disabling EPG, no crashes occured. So it seems that problem is in EPG grabbing (probably bad memory management in TsWriter, maybe tuner driver problem (in that case also watching TV should crash service) or compound issue in TsWriter and TV Service).

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    georgius is right, tv server is still running an there was no crash since last reboot ..

Perhaps I can help with some testing to find the problem?Do You have an idea where to look?

On the other hand there are several adjustments to start epg. I chose "always try to fill holes" and "Enable CRC check". So I will switch on only always... now and hope that is will run, too.

ramu

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I tried several times to understand how TsWriter works (TsWriter is module which parse data from DVB streams) and I also tried to fix encryption detection, but without success :( You can experiment with EPG settings and maybe you will have luck, but I assume that problem is deeper in integration of TV Server and TsWriter.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    So I only switched "EPG grapping while idel on" an now tv server seem to run a whle. No crash since my last posting...

So I hope to found a workaroud but mediaportal team should put this problem on the stack to solve.

I'll give an update in some days , what happent to tv service..
    Thx ramu

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    So, I'm sorry, I found no way to use EPG via TV Server in this installation. For every EPG option I chose several time later tv-server stoped working. I thing there is need to do some rework at epg grabing in tv server, I think there is a memory leak!?

I'll go on using webEPG so I hope I will get a stable system..

ramu

geichel

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    just look for mc2xmltv. Its also a good alternative.
    Regards,
    ge

EddiePropane

Portal Member
    February 26, 2012
    Home Country
    England England
    I get the freezing problems also using a Tevii card so not limited to Technotrand.

I also have idle grabbing and CRC check on but that is it after disabling the other options.

Any of having issues using the Custom Data Grabber plugin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom