TV-Server unable to switch channel (1 Viewer)

mendola

Portal Pro
February 6, 2007
Now, I performed the same actions like the logs before.
But used latest SVN and used Filmerit to fix filter errors.
Issues are still the same

thx

mendola

Portal Pro
February 6, 2007
I found a workaround for my problem
when I exit MP and restar the TVservice and start MP again. Switching "normal" channels work.
But this is actually not that what I want, and what's not good for HTPC.

I also was able to test with another DVB-S2 card from KNC1 there is no problem with switching. So with this card is no need to restart TVservice. But I don't want use this card because drivers don't allow to wakeup from hibernate.

But there's still another problem what I have with both TV cards:
When I'm watching any HD channel and want to switch cannel via channel-list MP freezes when channel list comes up. The channel I'm watching is marked but I can't move to another channel. TV is still running in the background but there's no other possibility to use MP normal than killing the MP-process.
I added logifiles for this issue but I'm also interrested to solve the other problem.

thx

mendola

Portal Pro
February 6, 2007
I've got news:

I changed h264 codec from Coreavc 1.7 to HD264 pack and there's no freezing of channel list anymore when entering from any HD-channel.
I don't like this codec because does more interlace than coreavc.
I remember that channel list didn't freeze in earlyer times.
Hope you can now see this issues and might fix this.

thx

mendola

Portal Pro
February 6, 2007
It's rev19127 and both problems still exist:

- Switching from any channel to any other channel with Skystar HD (with technotrend drivers) still impossible:
unable to start timeshift-message

-Channel list still freezes when opened while any HD channel is running with CoreAVC.
Sometimes it takes about 5 minutes until you are able to move so it does not really "freeze" I think.

rayskater

Portal Member
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
mendola, I seem to have the same problem as you using my TechnoTrend S2-3200, which should be identical to your TechniSat card. In my case channel switch works if I attach a CI module to the TV card. I'm not sure if this helps you. I opened a new thread "TV-Server -- TechnoTrend S2-3200 problems" because I observed more flaws and because this might be different from the issue reported by Chris84 for Hauppauge in this thread -- in my case the WinTV-HVR 4000 works, but I have to send it back because channel scan fails with it, independent of MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom