TV-Servers crashes every night (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What and where should I look for on next crash? Tswriter-Log for what exactly?
    System event logs first, especially the application log.
    Look for the error entries for TVService.exe.
    Usually it will mention the name of the source DLL in which the crash occurred.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey mm,

thanks for your input. Checked system log now. No TVService-related errors in system log, but lots of errors of Bonjour-Service (I guess needed for MPExtended and/or WifiRemote). Guess I am gonna deinstall that stuff and see whats going on...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please post full logs when the crash next occurs. Be sure to use the watchdog if possible so that system logs are included.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey mm,

happens from time to time, but just this morning :)

Watchdog-Logs attached. I cannot say what happened exactly, but got a "Connection to TV-Service lost" after resume. This is a single-seat htpc, configured to reboot at midnight.

System logs only show old errors until yesterday 16.30, after that I uninstalled that bonjour-service. But since it crashed after that, it seems unrelated. Anything else you need to know?

mckirk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 18, 2009
    MM did a great job. Was pretty easy to find if you know where to look for it.

I am considering a hardware solution now for using the damned subscriptions.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Watchdog-Logs attached. I cannot say what happened exactly, but got a "Connection to TV-Service lost" after resume. This is a single-seat htpc, configured to reboot at midnight.
    So this is a simple reboot?
    Seems like the service stopped at about 9:30 pm.
    Service attempted to start again at just after 7:30 am, but there was an exception during loading related to the PowerScheduler plugin.

2013-05-03 07:32:22.194462 [PowerScheduler Waiter(20)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.ObjectDisposedException: Das SafeHandle wurde geschlossen.
    bei Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(SafeWaitHandle handle)
    bei System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()
    bei TvEngine.PowerScheduler.WaitableTimer.WaitThread(Object arg)
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

So it isn't 100% clear when the crash occurred.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    So this is a simple reboot?
    This is a simple reboot, configured via Powerscheduler++

Seems like the service stopped at about 9:30 pm.
    This was as the htpc suspended yesterday. Should the service stop when htpc is suspending?

Service attempted to start again at just after 7:30 am
    This is as I resumed htpc this morning.

First attempt would be to disable Powerscheduler++ and use the inbuild powerscheduler? Or do you have any other suggestions?

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First attempt would be to disable Powerscheduler++ and use the inbuild powerscheduler? Or do you have any other suggestions?
    First set PS++ to the Plug&Play mode. Then see if your system is rebooting cleanly. If not, send logs again.

Michael

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    First set PS++ to the Plug&Play mode.
    Thanks for your answer. Does that mean to use standard settings? I remember having set PS++ to handly standby/resume since windows settings didnt work properly (something didn't let windows go to standby). But will try again and report back!

Edit: Did that now and will see what happens.

Last edited:

mckirk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 18, 2009
    Just wanted to share the progress: I downgraded the system to Windows 7 re-installing MP (including M*** and A***D) and it has been working perfectly for 24h now (which is a record).

Thanks again to mm for his hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom