tv-service = cant reach standby at all... (1 Viewer)

clud

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Yeah okay - will I be able to do a "upgrade" to RC2 without messing up all my settings, channels and so on?
Cause it takes quite some time to setup...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Export the channels & import after update.
    A complete clean install it's the best, even if it takes time to configure/set up......

Regards
    Roy

fromaron

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    2008-07-24 16:16:06.796875 [Info.][MPMain]: PowerScheduler: detected a singleseat setup - delegating suspend/hibernate requests to tvserver
    Also make sure to attach TVServer logs as well.

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    Now updated to RC2 - seems that the standby works better now - but still not as I would like.

Standby works most of the time when theres no active stream. But I would be nice if I could do it with one click - instead of going into myTV and turning tv off and then turning MP off...
    ( the usability judge aka girlfriend ) is likely not to accept this...

When I resume Im sometimes unable to connect to the tvservice again and have to restart mediaportal, not exactly perfect either...

attached logs for the above behaviour...

fromaron

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi clud,
    I briefly went through your logs and I have few comments there:
    1. I don't understand why do you have that many TVServer login to database failures? Please check your password for the database and save it. Remember the password is case sensitive.
    2. I noticed few times you were trying to activate suspend mode with TVSetup running on background. You shouldn't do that. TVSetup and MP Configuration shouldn't be open all the time.
    3. I can see how your suspend commands are prevented by client plugin. That means you don't have your Power scheduler client configured corectly. Please open up MP Configuration and make sure client plugin is enabled and configured for S3 mode.
    4. If all the above is correct, but your system still returns those errors, install MST which will sort all your system settings out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom