TV Service takes 5 minutes to start. Cannot stream to other PCs. (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I do believe that you solved 1,3,4 and 7.
    Good. :)

2,5,6 and 8 are still there even after reinstalling the patch.
    Okay. Let's be very clear: the patch is only intended to solve #6. I don't expect it to have any effect on any of the other issues.

Remembering that we're dealing with one thing at a time and that #6 is the current focus...

The screenshot that you attached to the first post as an illustration of #6 shows 1 tuner out of 6 PRIME tuners listed with tuner type "unknown".
    When a tuner is listed with type "unknown", it means that TV Server has not [yet] detected the tuner, or that the tuner is not currently connected/available.
    You have claimed that #6 is still occurring even after reinstalling the patch.
    The log files that you've just provided don't appear to support your claim.
    They cover the period 00:28 to 22:46 on 9 Jan in your local time.
    There are 5 TV Server startups within that period.
    In all 5 cases it looks like all 3 tuners from both PRIMEs were successfully detected within 10 seconds of TV Server starting to start.
    Further, I see no evidence of the tuners disconnecting while TV Server is running.

Have I missed something?

...assumed it was merged in subsequent updates.
    Just to reiterate what I said in my previous reply: the patch has not been merged at current date, and I'm not sure whether it ever will be. It's best to assume that you'll need to reapply it after every upgrade or reinstallation for the foreseeable future.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How are things going Jamie?
    Have you given up, or are you just busy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Anyone?
    Anyone?
    MediaPortal Version: 1.19.0 Description I have a standalone Mediaportal setup with recording to a NAS. Timeshifting is to a local...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi guys, While I encountered the very same problem as @Fesnor last night, after successfully tuning the DVB-T2 channels I then tuned the DVB-S2 channels and at some point after doing some organising of the channels I encountered the issue. I was, however able to resolve it by simply repairing the install, that is re-running the...
    Hi guys, While I encountered the very same problem as @Fesnor last night, after successfully tuning the DVB-T2 channels I then...
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3 Description Hi guys, This actually applies to all MP2 attempts at installation. As the topic says...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry for the long wait, with a baby in the house one is happy to get some sleep at all or to form a coherent tought for more than 15minutes. :) recording from 2 tuners at once is stable so far. With zapping I have BSOD after about 10-15 channel changes. Obviously I havent recorded that much. Channel change is slow at 5-6 seconds...
    Sorry for the long wait, with a baby in the house one is happy to get some sleep at all or to form a coherent tought for more than...
    Hi, I am a bit pressed for time now, but I have prepared the text below while my forum registration was pending. My apologies...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, it's been a very long time, but for completeness: the MySQL problems persisted (slow startup) whatever I tried. Then a recent power cut messed up my HTPC and I had some repairs to do - and thought I'll have another go at getting MySQL to work properly. Tried a complete uninstall (including relevant program and app data folder...
    OK, it's been a very long time, but for completeness: the MySQL problems persisted (slow startup) whatever I tried. Then a recent...
    Oh dear, back again... Everything working except MP's TV service doesn't start automatically with Windows (MP 1.2, XP SP3, all the...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for reporting back. I'm always happy to hear positive results. :) I don't know, but quite possibly. In theory trying to tune to the same channel over and over (or even tuning to different channels lots of times) as the EPG grabber was doing shouldn't cause a BSOD with a good driver. I think of the EPG grabber as...
    Thanks for reporting back. I'm always happy to hear positive results. :) I don't know, but quite possibly. In theory trying to...
    Hi, I have been using MediaPortal since at least December 2012 and am full of admiration for it and the developers and supporters...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom