TV stopped working (black screen or colored pixels) (1 Viewer)

foboy

Portal Member
May 29, 2012
Backnang
Home Country
Germany Germany
2012-09-22 00.04.06.jpg After working fine for a few weeks MP is suddenly not able anymore to play TV. Even the timeshift files show the mentioned error when played with VLC. Any other files (except .ts) are working. When I first discovered the issue I did a system restore an it worked again for about 15 minutes then the picture got scrambled again while watching (or didn't show at all on all tv channels). In addition MP takes about 1 minute to respond to ir commands when tv is "trying to run". I know that my small Athlon x4 is unable to run the MP ui fluidly but 1 minute is way to long. DVB viewer still runs fine on the same card and codecs. The configuration of MP was not changed no new driver have been installed lately.

I just noticed that there's a blank Active movie window still open when MP is exited/minimized.

More problems: when trying to watch online videos MP crashes after a few seconds of playback

Specs:
Athlon 2 x4
HD 7750
4GB RAM
Pinnacle hybrid stick (503e)
MP 1.2.3.0
Latest graphics driver installed

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just noticed that there's a blank Active movie window still open when MP is exited/minimized.

Are you using any post processor (e.g. ffdshow) for TV by any chance?
    Any heat problems?

Last edited:

foboy

Portal Member
    May 29, 2012
    Backnang
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't have any post processors activated although I've been playing around with the ATI one some time ago. Didn't cause issues but it's deactivated anyway. There are no heat problems except when playing The Old Republic ;) temperatures are at the upper limits. But everything runs very stable. I've been able to get online videos playing again by reactivating HW acceleration in the PowerDVD codec settings. (disabled to see if tv is working again but no luck)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you post logs please?
    Thanks!
    Another thing you can try is to change codecs.

foboy

Portal Member
    May 29, 2012
    Backnang
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    None of the codecs seems to work anymore in MP but very well in DVBviewer. Here are my logfiles:

BTW thank you for looking into it!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see a lot of continuity errors. Your signal quality is good?
    Have you disabled the analog tuner?

foboy

Portal Member
    May 29, 2012
    Backnang
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Analog, DVB-T and DVB-S are deactivated. Signal seems to be ok. DVBviewer is running HD right now with no issues.

Attachments

• 2012-09-22 15.26.34.jpg
      2012-09-22 15.26.34.jpg
      1.9 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom