[solved] TV Tuner does not respond after Fall Creator Update (1 Viewer)

McMlok

Portal Member
November 17, 2015
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi All,

I have a problem with media portal after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. The TV tuner does not respond and I cannot watch any channel. I try to tune up channels from scratch but when I push scan button in Setup TV app It does nothing. Label of button was changed to Cancel and when I push cancel it changes to Cancelling and nothing happens and Setup TV start not reponding to any event.

I thinkg this is problem with Fall Creator update (1709) because I try same tuner dongle on another computer and it behaves same. But when I use same dongle on computer with only Creators Update (1703) it works with same BDA driver, same Media Portal version.

I try Media Portal 2.1, 2.1.1, 2.1.2.

Strange is when I use VLC I can tune up tuner and watch channel. But when I use another software like NextPVR it works like Media Portal.

I try to search for something usefull in logs but no errors is here.

Thanks

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Can you please upload the logs anyway. Would be good, if you let us judge, if there is something suspicious in logs or not ;)
    Thanks.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Logs are in attachment

Thanks
    Thanks for the logs.
    The initialisation of the tuner itself seems to work. But it's not even recognized, that you started the TV-Setup. At least that's what the logs say.
    [2017-12-21 17:11:19,490] [4190 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - SlimTvService: Tuningdetails folder does not exist yet, extracting default items.
    [...]
    [2017-12-21 17:11:31,118] [15818 ] [Main ] [WARN ] - SlimTvService: Unable to configure MediaSource for recordings, probably TV configuration wasn't run yet.
    Before speculating for the root cause could you remove all MP data in "Program Data" once (Backup your data base and settings, if you need), install the yesterday released version 2.1.3 and try once again. If it does still not work, please upload the logs again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom