TV "Unable to play" on Client - Working until Win 10 Server upgraded to Version 1803 (1 Viewer)

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Hi,

I've had a TV Client/Server system working perfectly well. But after I upgraded Windows 10 on the server to version 1803, I suddenly can't play TV or Recorded TV. I get the "Unable to play: StreamX" error.

I know Microsoft have the really nasty habit of changing network sharing settings with every upgrade and sure enough, Password Protection had been re-enabled in Network Sharing, so I disabled it again. I also switched off the Firewall, but I'm still getting the error.

Hope someone can help? In the meantime, I'll continue to look through the forum for possible solutions.

Logs attached.

Attachments

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    I've searched in forum by your error and it seems checking ip in Streaming Server section was recommended :cautious:
    Code:
    [2018-05-06 13:06:33,979] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - TSReaderPlayer: Failed to open file:rtsp://Media-Centre-02:554/stream3.0 :0x80004005
    [2018-05-06 13:06:34,038] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Many, many, many thanks Edalex. That was the problem. My TV Server has a fixed IP address. I can't remember ever setting the Streaming Server IP address to the actual IP address, but I guess I must have at some stage? When I checked it just now, it was set to "Auto". Changed it back to the actual IP address and voila! problem solved.

Are you a Plugin Developer? I don't suppose you'd like to have a go at fixing the Netflix Site Plugin for the Online Videos Plugin? I think Ministerk has lost interest (Which is fair enough).

Cheers,
    Steve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
    H Unable to play stream - again... Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    B Suddenly MP is unable to play anything Watch / Listen Media 6
    T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1
    porky996t Still Unable to play Live or Recorded TV General Support 4
    B Unable to play: Live3-0.ts issue General Support 7
    A Unable to play :stream 3 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    badboyxx Unable to play BD-Iso watch/edit Videos 7
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    D Unable to install 1.22 on Win 10 Newcomers Forum 9
    V Unable to stream : 10 General Support 0
    M Unable to map virtual sent keys in the input device management General 6
    megahorst Unable to delete unseen recording while TV runs in the background 1.19 11
    M [solved] WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 1
    A [solved] How to Play All Videos in a List watch/edit Videos 3
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not shuffle Fanart Handler 20
    horned_reaper [solved] No Fanart when playing Fanart Handler 115
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
    B MP 2.2.3 Error playing videos from NAS Submit: Bug Reports 2
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    Z Error when attempting to play Blu Ray General 1
    Rob Hexenmeister Playing with hyperlinkParameter and List Control indexes General Support 2
    C Problem playing videos created on IPhone X and Samsung S9 General Support 2
    2BitSculptor MP 1.23.. music stops playing General Support 6