[WiP] TV upgrade - Combined RTSP, HEVC video and live TV rate-matching improvements (3 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There have been several long-running threads on the forum for testing various improvements to the TV functionality of MP1. We have decided that it's time to bring most of that work together and produce a version of MP 1.15 with all the TV 'work in progress' updates merged into it. The aim is to get these updates into the next version of MP1, but we need your help to test these first...

The updates included are:

• Other RTSP-related improvements and updates.
    • Adding (limited) support to TsReader for DTS and LPCM audio playback in .ts files, and also support for 192 byte TS packets, to improve MP 'Video' player file compatibility.
    See below for installer files.

The GitHub (source code) branch is here - https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP_DS_TV_HEVC_2

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Owlsroost could you please provide standalone directshow filters to test with MP2? I think the changes affect TsReader and TsWriter?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It seems that we can run into .ax not overwrited when using installer (even tvservice stopped) this is a bug in NSIS installer, no clue why it failed really, so you can/need remove/move *.ax (TsReader.ax etc.) from folder :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    and
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server

And run again the installer :)

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    using this rework since the beginning, for me it work very fine, the last update of Live555 do zapping better (fast) for me.
    Combined with Seb MadVR rework but set for use with EVR instead of MadVR for TV, not tested alone :whistle:

About TSReader overwritte issue :
    maybe a way : https://nsis-dev.github.io/NSIS-Forums/html/t-268664.html
    maybe update NSIS to V3 ( released 1 month ago ) / update to 2.51 instead of 2.46 (released ind 2009 ) (tested but not work, due to windows 8.1 / 10 management )

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Installed yesterday since I already used the "Live TV rate matching" before and installation went fine without deleting any .ax files. Made a short TV test and had small problems: sometimes on certain HD-channels (Tagesschau24) I had pixelation on start of the stream and in between, maybe around every 30 seconds or so (only short pxielation, maybe 1 second or less). With the standard version of TSReader no problems at all with pixelation. Is this a known issue? If not, I'll try to catch some clean logs this evening...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom