[WiP] TV upgrade - Combined RTSP, HEVC video and live TV rate-matching improvements (2 Viewers)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Will post logs. And I currently only tested LiveTV. Will test recordings too. Dunno if I can do it this evening since I have a long working day. Promised for tomorrow evening...

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Last edited:

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    @Owlsroost, I did revert back to my old 1.3 install since I did run into several issues with this version. As I only have a productive, and no test environment (and family was yelling) I had no time to catch logs. I therefore at the moment simply can describe what I have seen:

- Audio-/Video sync issues on LiveTV. It seemed to be drifting away, when I paused for a moment, it got better again
    - Huge trouble on Pictures-Plugin with videos. When video is ending normally it jumps to next picture/video, but after the update from here I got a blank screen for around 10secs and after that it jumps to first picture. After a while I have had the problem, that MP wasn't fullscreen anymore. This is all on quite high quality home videos with my sony Full-HD-Camcorder.

Maybe this is even unrelated to your work since I did an upgrade vom 1.3 and maybe there have been changes in between which causes my problems. I do not know. I just wanted to share these issues. Maybe I'll find the time at the weekend to try to reproduce these problems with logs, but I cannot promise as life is quite demanding currently...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    - Audio-/Video sync issues on LiveTV. It seemed to be drifting away, when I paused for a moment, it got better again

Thanks for the testing :)

I need logs to investigate the A/V sync issue on LiveTV. Which video/audio codecs and audio renderer do you use for TV?

There is nothing in my own mods (which are all TV related) that might affect the Pictures plugin, so I suspect that is related to the base MP1.15 code/upgrade from 1.3 - you would need to install standard MP 1.15 to test this.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Yeah, I know you need logs...really ;-) But this I had no chance to catch them. Will try hard to get them...

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Heys the stig. You can share mp logs folder on network. And xith your phone you can acces to the folder. Create zip file and commit by tapatalk. Sure it missing windows event. Bit at least you van grab log

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    @Owlsroost

can this change cause Continuity error? I refreshed my pc-s with latest master and I have lots of Continuity error. :(
    I have multi seat system. Both of them were refreshed.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Owlsroost

can this change cause Continuity error? I refreshed my pc-s with latest master and I have lots of Continuity error. :(
    I have multi seat system. Both of them were refreshed.

I can't really answer that - it doesn't for me, and I haven't had reports of problems from other users who have tried it.

Do you get Continuity Errors on recordings?

What are your system specs ?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Do you get Continuity Errors on recordings?

I have not tested yet. But I realized that after the continuity errors the client stays stutter. I can imagine this continuity error was before tsreader/writer update but the client could handle it with a small visible error.

What are your system specs ?

Server: Asrock Q1900, 16 GB ram. TS buffer on 12 GB ramdisk. 1 Gb LAN connection.
    Client: Asrock Q1900, 4GB ram. Using UNC path for TS. 1 Gb LAN connection. LAV filters, MP Audiorenderer, LCD TV 50Hz, hdmi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom