MP2 - Spring'16 TV3/XMLTV Plugin - Number of connections (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does the MP2 installer actively use this then?
    No it doesn't. You manually need to exchange the Database Plugin in MP2 server to use MySQL. But the MySQL plugin is very old, no longer maintained and most likely no longer working. So it's strictly recommended to NOT use it unless you're in a desperate need for MySQL and you know exactly what you are doing.

This is because SQLite is at least 5 times as fast as MySQL. This is no theoretical value, we've measured this during development of the SQLiteDB plugin in real live tests with various very small up to really big sized DB files from very few up to half a million media items. The average plus in performance was from 500% up to 1000% compared to MySQL...
    Aside this, SQLite did not need installation, configuration and maintenance of a full blown SQL server. It runs with a simple .dll file, that don't need any installation or configuration.

The main drawback of SQLite is that it should be (write-) accessed only from one client at a time. As in MP2 only the Server Process is allowed to access the DB this is no issue at all...

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

If that is the case, then I suppose you're right, it was a non-standard setup and perhaps shouldn't be a bug.

To be honest I cant remember if I edited the gentle file or not, I suppose I must have done (I cant imagine the MP2/TVE plugin installer having the logic for MySQL support).

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom