TV4Home - WCF Webservice for MediaPortal TV Server (2 Viewers)

akoeplinger

Portal Member
December 13, 2010
Home Country
Austria Austria
Yes, we will have a seperate package for WHSv1. However, we will concentrate on the new version in the future because it is far more extensible than the old version. At the moment, the packages for WHS2011 and WHSv1 are quite the same.

Alex

Airshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2007
    Baden- Württemberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV4Home - WCF Webservice for MediaPortal TV Server

Well do u know if it will be possbile to upgrade WHS2011 to WHSv1?
    Cause I have 6 TB of Data to secure... so a update will be ideal ;)

akoeplinger

Portal Member
    December 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You mean WHSv1 to WHS2011?
    No, an upgrade will not be possible, because WHS2011 is a 64bit operating system, while WHSv1 is 32bit. Additionally, the storage platform changed completely.
    The only option is to save the data elsewhere and perform a fresh installation.

Alex

Airshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2007
    Baden- Württemberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ohhhh no :(
    Well, maybe I find a solution for the problem. In fact I installed the WHS a couple of days before, so I dont want to make any more changes anymore, cause the backup system and filesystem is working very good :)

But another question, the version on the first page of the topic are not made for the WHS? What can I do with these versions? :)
    And please tell me... :) u said a couple of days, is it 1 to 2 days or a week or a mounth? Sorry, dont want to push you. But in fact I am planning to buy another TV Card... so I need to plan a little! :)

Thank you very much for the fast response and if you need any help, please contact me. Is it possbile to donate your project like MediaPortal?

akoeplinger

Portal Member
    December 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The version on the first page is made for MediaPortal users that don't have WHS and it's just the webservice component (interesting only for developers). We plan to make the Web-Interface component available for normal MediaPortal users too, but that will take some time I think.

I hope we can release the WHS Add-In in under a week, but it really depends on how much else I have to do :)
    We haven't thought about donations yet, but that's a good idea for the future!

Please also note that you need a driver for your TV card that works on WHS. WHSv1 is built on top of Windows Server 2003 32bit. While many drivers that work for XP also work on Windows Server 2003, it isn't guaranteed. WHS2011 is built on top of Windows Server 2008R2 64bit, which is really similiar to Win7, so again drivers for Win7 64bit should work, but you only know after you try.

Alex

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: TV4Home - WCF Webservice for MediaPortal TV Server

Sorry for the delay, attached is the version that is built against your assemblies.

The TvBusinessLayer.dll wasn't in your .zip, so I used the old one. Could you try if it works nonetheless or send me the file otherwise?

Alex

:D a lot, this version works again (after some method and class renames ;))

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No till now there are no news, we will post in this forum if there is anything new ;)

edit:

But i added a new developer version (CoreService for MP 1.1) with the splitted WebProgram classes to the first post.

Airshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2007
    Baden- Württemberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Is it possible to send ma an Installfile just for WHS? Just the function to install the TVServer with the WHS Homescreen. At the moment I dont need the webservices :)
    Would be veeeery nice :) Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom