TVgemist 3.0 (3 Viewers)

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I only use onlinevideos for Youtube and that works good. I wasn't familiar with tvtutti.nl but it looks very good. I'll wait till you've added it.

martijn189

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I hope someone can take over the project, because TVgemist 3.0 is running from my servers. I am not shutting the service down just yet, but i really hope someone can take the project over.

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I hope someone can take over the project, because TVgemist 3.0 is running from my servers. I am not shutting the service down just yet, but i really hope someone can take the project over.

Is it just hosting, development or the whole project?

martijn189

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think it would be best that the whole project is taken over. I The TVgemist plugin 3.0 is based on Moristo's original version, my C# skill's are not that good so i can not rewrite the whole plugin so that bugs like "codec errors" and "Wrong playblack" on SOME systems can be resolved ("I think it is a thing in mediaportal and not in the plugin"), but anyway i can't fix it.

The plugin uses scripts that are placed on my own server, those scripts are scraping the tv station websites and filter and buffer the ouput (TVgemist is the only plugin that filters output, so things like "RTL reclames" and other not working stuff does not gets listed).

I hope there are members who know C# and have some time and space to take the project over.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can offer some help to get this plugin going again,although I'm not that into dotnet either (did some C# for couple of school projects). of I say so myself I am à pretty decent (mainly PHP) web developer. I can also offer fast hosting on one of my domains. So I guess I'm saying that I'm willing to help get this project back on track but that I Feel my C# skills are too poor to really help on that part. Typing all of this on my phone so please excuse THE typo's

martijn189

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, all the scripting on my server is code written by me and martijnr17 in PHP, i think martijnr17 is also around here somewhere on the forums. The thing is, i thought that it was a good idear to do the plugin fully web based (all information comes from the server).

How good are you with regular exspressions and creating short code... i mean our scripts are very large and slow because of all the reg. exspessions and if statements... i remember that the original plugin and the plugin for XBJMC is much faster gethering information.

Our script gethers information from 3 different sites (appart from the tv station sites) so extra information can be shown like images and text. Every hour the cache system gets deleted and the next user request will get new tv shows (show information is stored in DB).

If you like i can send you the sourcecode of the scripts, perhaps you can spped it up? or change it if you have a idear of how to do it better.... the scripts are quite complex.

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey guys,

It's been a while, but I will finish my master thesis in short time and after that I'd like to contribute to this plugin again.. I think it's best if all code is collected on googlecode, is that possible? Maybe more people will be willing to improve the code if they can easily send patches.

J

joostzilla

Hey guys,

It's been a while, but I will finish my master thesis in short time and after that I'd like to contribute to this plugin again.. I think it's best if all code is collected on googlecode, is that possible? Maybe more people will be willing to improve the code if they can easily send patches.

Thank god there is hope for this plug in :D

(Zoals de app van uitzendinggemist werkt op iphone is fantastisch. Als je dat voor elkaar krijgt voor MP dan zou dat ideaal zijn)

Johnny M.

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just to comment on an earlier discussed problem, when you had to switch to the internal music player in order to watch RTL streams in TVGemist plugin 3.0. I had the same problem till today, when I updated my Nvidia drivers. The image is now as smooth as it can be. Thanks for the great plugin!

johnny,

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    (Zoals de app van uitzendinggemist werkt op iphone is fantastisch. Als je dat voor elkaar krijgt voor MP dan zou dat ideaal zijn)

It's probably (and again) a matter of digital rights. The iphone app has been made by Rebel Technologies, which is closely affiliated with the NPO. It gives them the opportunity to use the uitzendinggemist backend (NEBO) directly. One of the things I'm therefore looking into now is how we can get access to that backend as well. I know some people who might be able to help me with that, which I will contact after I've finished my thesis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom